Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many that probably don't know we come from an experienced background in designing splitters for the new model GTOs. With lots of great feedback, consistent sales and a true passion for GM vehicles, we are excited to expand our splitter specialty into the Chevy SS Sedan market.

Our splitter features a 45 degree front beveled edge for that factory aggressive look! You will find that two leveling spacers are built into your splitter, this will keep the splitter parallel between the car and the ground. These spacers are designed to increase airflow over the part which will reduce or eliminate wind chatter at high speeds.

Product Link: Chevy SS Sedan Splitter

Check out some pictures attached and our website link above for more information. ^

Price: $135 + Shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
So I see from the product link that this is only for the splitter? No bolts or screws are in the package? And for the mounting points, its up to the installer to drill and determine where to mount it? It does not mount to any existing holes?
Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I see from the product link that this is only for the splitter? No bolts or screws are in the package? And for the mounting points, its up to the installer to drill and determine where to mount it? It does not mount to any existing holes?
Thanks.
Correct, it's only the splitter but the splitter is predrilled with mounting locations, you just have to transfer the holes to your bumper. We recommend using 3/16th bolts, over sized washer on both sides along with nylon locking nuts.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I got under the car one day to install an E-Z Lip on the front but found the underside of the bumper has a severe angle and change in height directly under the LED DRL's. It would have either caused a gap or an odd twist/angle change. With your splitter, if you are directly in front of it do either of these become an issue? How does it compensate for the changes as you move from the middle to the sides?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got under the car one day to install an E-Z Lip on the front but found the underside of the bumper has a severe angle and change in height directly under the LED DRL's. It would have either caused a gap or an odd twist/angle change. With your splitter, if you are directly in front of it do either of these become an issue? How does it compensate for the changes as you move from the middle to the sides?
Mad Max,

The splitter is fitted with 2 self leveling spacers in the corners where the bumper height adjusts.

See attached pictures. I hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what I am gathering, to install this splitter, it requires that I remove my front bumper and drill holes into it myself?

Good afternoon,

We do recommend removing the bumper for this install (it makes things way easier). The splitter comes pre-drilled with proper mounting locations, you will simply transfer the pre-drilled holes to the bottom side of your bumper then us the supplied mounting hardware before reinstalling your bumper cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
From what I am gathering, to install this splitter, it requires that I remove my front bumper and drill holes into it myself?
I didn't remove the entire bumper to do this. I did, however, pull the entire splash pan that's under the engine. This will give you access to the inside part of the bumper to tighten your hardware assuming you use a nut/bolt combo.

While I have no problem pulling the bumper, I don't really have a large enough table to sit the assembly on AND drill holes in it. While everything's upside-down. Also, leaving it on the car keeps the bumper in it's final form, mitigating you torquing the plastic in such a way that screws up the end product.

I just lined the splitter up on both sides, secured it with painters tape and then drilled holes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I didn't remove the entire bumper to do this. I did, however, pull the entire splash pan that's under the engine. This will give you access to the inside part of the bumper to tighten your hardware assuming you use a nut/bolt combo.

While I have no problem pulling the bumper, I don't really have a large enough table to sit the assembly on AND drill holes in it. While everything's upside-down. Also, leaving it on the car keeps the bumper in it's final form, mitigating you torquing the plastic in such a way that screws up the end product.

I just lined the splitter up on both sides, secured it with painters tape and then drilled holes.

Thanks, my guy. Very helpful info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do not remove the front bumper. Only the splash shield like umop-apisdn said. Get some plastic spring clamps and clamp the splitter in place, then drill and bolt with included hardware. Couldn't be easier. You do need to raise the front of the car, but I just drove it up on my race ramps.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Here's the hardware I used. Bought from McMaster Carr. I had to substitute 4 of the fender washers out for something more reasonable, two of the outermost holes are too close to the exterior part of the bumper to use the fender washers on the inside. The other two either landed to close to a clip and/or an awkwardly shaped portion on the inside part of the bumper. Cannot remember exactly why.

To clear things up, somehow procure 4x washers, in addition to my order, that are an appropriate size in relation to the nut. Oversized/fender washers will not work in those 4 instances.

Yes, my setup is overkill, but it's not going anywhere!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Here's the hardware I used. Bought from McMaster Carr. I had to substitute 4 of the fender washers out for something more reasonable, two of the outermost holes are too close to the exterior part of the bumper to use the fender washers on the inside. The other two either landed to close to a clip and/or an awkwardly shaped portion on the inside part of the bumper. Cannot remember exactly why.

To clear things up, somehow procure 4x washers, in addition to my order, that are an appropriate size in relation to the nut. Oversized/fender washers will not work in those 4 instances.

This is a great thing to have to protect the front fascia from getting marred if accidentally pulling too close to a parking median or scraping the underside going in our out a step driveway.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts

I think I would want to paint the hardware black, too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts