Chevy SS Forum banner

Chevy SS future secured

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Loflyt 
#1 ·
The sky is not falling, Chevy SS future is secured.

#4 ·
After threatening to withdraw support to the car industry pre election, the new government has done a complete backflip. Normally this would attract much bleating from the opposition, but not on this occasion. No doubt because they support the car industry too, but unusual for them to forego such a juicy political opportunity.
Holden must be breathing a big sigh of relief, like the rest of us.

#8 ·
I know there are quite a few people who would buy the Ute, potentially at the sedan price because it is a good vehicle to use for small business like tyre shops, mechanic workshops etc, it can be wrapped in sign writing very effectively advertising your business.
It is the best of both worlds as it is a two seater that can tow the jet ski or boat on the weekend. I don't think it would eat Corvette sales or full size trucks as it can be marketed as a fun lifestyle vehicle targeted at couples or singles with no kids or cares.

I think the Sportwagon could be a no brainer as well. IMHO

#11 ·
I'd buy the Ute at the same as the SS sedan price. I want the vehicle that bad. Lacking the Ute I may be tempted by the sport wagon, but not a dime over $2K more than the sedan.

And for the record I do have one school aged child as well. We have other vehicles for when we need more than 2 seats.

#12 ·
My kids love riding in the ute, though with 3 of them, it's fights all round. I'm hoping the wagon gets a ticket, not just for the longevity of the SS export program, but also to inject something exciting into the segment. Australia is starting to get a few more wagons but they're all pretty.... fluffy.

VF Commodore wagons are still the only quick load haulers for under 50k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.