Chevy SS Forum banner

Chevy SS dies on freeway

5K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Taze 
#1 ·
hello everyone. I have a 2014 Chevrolet SS with 70 thousand miles

yesterday I was driving when I noticed on my dashboard “service stabilitrack” not thinking much of it I kept driving when I noticed my check engine light started flashing and If felt my car running poorly when it wasn’t before

About a minute after this happened my car dies. Thankfully I was able to get it started up again but the misfire persisted leading to the car to die agin up the road

I was able to drive it to a safe place before it died one more time and was unable to start up again

I was able to contact onstar and have them run a diagnostics check on my car and what I got back was this
Font Parallel Number Pattern Document

as far as I know the car still has the original battery, original spark plugs, and original spark plug wires that came with the car when it was new

has anyone else had a similar issue?

See less See more
#3 ·
Replaced the battery on my '17 with the OEM Delco just because. I could tell it didn't seem strong over the last year or so. Good luck.

#4 ·
The misfire is the problem. Could be an injector(s), or valve spring(hope not).

#15 ·
#5 ·
Coil pack and O2, on short list. But random misfire alone seems odd. I have had two issues on Pearl and P0300 was also followed by a P030#, sending me to problem cylinder. Random by itself :(

Reactions: willy92
#6 ·
I'd sure start with the battery if it really is the original. These cars have repeatedly demonstrated their dislike for low volage and/or spurious electrical gremlins.

#8 ·
Had this exact same thing happen to me a few months ago while cruising on the freeway. Pulled over, towed to my house. P0300 code. I pulled the valve covers off and found a broken valve spring. #8. Got lucky and the valve was still retained by the keepers. Replaced the broken spring and was good to go.

#13 ·
automan....bummer! I'll have a beer for ya. Hopefully this can get repaired without too much internals. sucks. Oh well, add a nice lopey cam, LS2 timing chain, some trunion upgrades, harmonic balancer and you should be better than original!!

#19 ·
Got a bit crazy for a while there....

#21 · (Edited)
Don’t delete the crazy, it’s always good for a laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing. I follow this site during the day at work but not logged in :rolleyes: and I saw the craziness unfold and was wondering what the f ???

May I add that it’s nicely cleaned up now. Sorry to those that missed it ;)

#22 ·
I saw that guy's original post and notice he'd gone into several threads but I missed the fun. 😕

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.