Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. I have a 2014 Chevrolet SS with 70 thousand miles

yesterday I was driving when I noticed on my dashboard “service stabilitrack” not thinking much of it I kept driving when I noticed my check engine light started flashing and If felt my car running poorly when it wasn’t before

About a minute after this happened my car dies. Thankfully I was able to get it started up again but the misfire persisted leading to the car to die agin up the road

I was able to drive it to a safe place before it died one more time and was unable to start up again

I was able to contact onstar and have them run a diagnostics check on my car and what I got back was this
Font Parallel Number Pattern Document

as far as I know the car still has the original battery, original spark plugs, and original spark plug wires that came with the car when it was new

has anyone else had a similar issue?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Replaced the battery on my '17 with the OEM Delco just because. I could tell it didn't seem strong over the last year or so. Good luck.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
4,193 Posts
The misfire is the problem. Could be an injector(s), or valve spring(hope not).

Reactions: SJR92647

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
Coil pack and O2, on short list. But random misfire alone seems odd. I have had two issues on Pearl and P0300 was also followed by a P030#, sending me to problem cylinder. Random by itself :(

Reactions: willy92

·
Super Moderator
14,676 Posts
I'd sure start with the battery if it really is the original. These cars have repeatedly demonstrated their dislike for low volage and/or spurious electrical gremlins.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Had this exact same thing happen to me a few months ago while cruising on the freeway. Pulled over, towed to my house. P0300 code. I pulled the valve covers off and found a broken valve spring. #8. Got lucky and the valve was still retained by the keepers. Replaced the broken spring and was good to go.

·
Registered
2015 SS regal peacock green, auto with sunroof and full spare.
104 Posts
Had this exact same thing happen to me a few months ago while cruising on the freeway. Pulled over, towed to my house. P0300 code. I pulled the valve covers off and found a broken valve spring. #8. Got lucky and the valve was still retained by the keepers. Replaced the broken spring and was good to go.
How many miles did the engine have on it? And I've read quite a few posts over the years where rockers have broke so I'm just beginning to wonder if this is the next real mod to the engine.

·
Registered
756 Posts
automan....bummer! I'll have a beer for ya. Hopefully this can get repaired without too much internals. sucks. Oh well, add a nice lopey cam, LS2 timing chain, some trunion upgrades, harmonic balancer and you should be better than original!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts