Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
2,834 Posts
Registration #'s are a good contrast vs production #'s which are on another thread,...brain fart, can't think of the name of the topic.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Go to StickyDex in the general forums section. Links there to all those threads.

Reactions: wilkin4 and ESindon

·
Registered
178 Posts
There were 12,924 total produced and there are 12,249 registered. So only 675 aren't registered, wrecked or who knows. I'm sort of shocked that 95% of the cars produced are currently registered.
Lots of garage queens and Corvette-type owners I'd bet.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
There were 12,924 total produced and there are 12,249 registered. So only 675 aren't registered, wrecked or who knows. I'm sort of shocked that 95% of the cars produced are currently registered.
Don’t forget the last one with the signed hood liner isn’t registered. It’s in a collection somewhere.

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
There goes the neighborhood. Used to fish around there 40 years ago. Man i'm getting old. Back then that was the dream auto shop class project.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Whoa, the driver window grouping and interior pics suggest it didn't end well for the driver (that center console thou!). Make good choices people, I mean really...geez.

Back on topic, the registration numbers are interesting on so many levels. One of the more intriguing to me is how message boards skew our perceptions. I bet most of us thought based on the various "totaled SS" posts over the years that 30% of them had been scrapped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Little neat info on specifically how rare are cars are, SS's that are registered by model year.

Can get it down to state if there's interest.

From IHS

2014 - 3,267
2015 - 2,996
2016 - 2,125
2017 - 3,861
Hello Sh4dowsjudgment, thanks for the information from IHS, would you be able to provide either the 2019 or 2020 number of registrations for the state of Michigan and Iowa? I own a 2014 SS (automatic)and my brother in Iowa owns a 2016 manual SS. We both love our vehicles!! Would be interesting to know how many SS are registered in our specific states. Thanks again for the information!!

WPRMAN31

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Sh4dowsjudgment,

Just following up an earlier communication with you, are you able to provide from the IHS data the number of SS registrations in the states of Iowa and Michigan? Thank you for your time and consideration of this request.

WPRMAN31

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello Sh4dowsjudgment,

Just following up an earlier communication with you, are you able to provide from the IHS data the number of SS registrations in the states of Iowa and Michigan? Thank you for your time and consideration of this request.

WPRMAN31

·
Registered
585 Posts
how about NY?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts