Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
5000 SS sedans a year is a good number, enough to be easy enough to find if you have the financial means and enough that it can actually be seen as a limited run production.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think this pretty well confirms price will be low $40K's. I'll go $42,995 MSRP for a base Chevy SS Sedan. Add the $995 destination then $43,990 with NO options.

Now if this includes the new LT1 with anywhere from 450 to 470 HP I would call $44K a pretty good performance bargain. With say a 420 HP LS3 then not as much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mike Joy was quoted in saying that the 2014 Chevrolet SS will be future collectible that could be seen at a Barrett-Jackson auction in the future.....Hmmmmm

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mike Joy was quoted in saying that the 2014 Chevrolet SS will be future collectible that could be seen at a Barrett-Jackson auction in the future.....Hmmmmm
Makes me think mid to upper $40's with quotes like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On the other hand, they'll auction anything they think they can make money on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When the GTO came over in 04 some dealers were adding 5K to the sticker. They didn't sell and in 05 they were giving employee prices. $44K is Corvette money so that may be hard to get.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
I wonder if Chevrolet will auction off the first SS just like what they did with the first C7 Corvette.

The first C7 Corvette pulled in over $1 000 000 @ Barrett Jackson!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
low $40s is good for me I am sure it will have al the options that g8 has plus nice new radio nav might be an option but i dont need it. I am assuming for that price it will have leather. I have a feeling they will try to bring it in under $40 just like G8 GXP. GM said they are not looking on any proffit on this car.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Low 40's would be what everyone wants. If it does come higher it'll still sell but I think it would be tough for me to be convinced to buy it if it came in close to 50k.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
i agree 50k for a car simular to the one we all paid under $30k for 5 year ago is hard to justify especially for thoes who use their g8s as daily driver.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wonder if Chevrolet will auction off the first SS just like what they did with the first C7 Corvette.

The first C7 Corvette pulled in over $1 000 000 @ Barrett Jackson!
if Rick Hendrick has anything to do with it the answer will be yes....this car will most definitely show up at one of the Barrett-Jackson auctions later this year.

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
Mike Deveraux who head up Holden has stated that as far as production goes. " If you order one, you'll get one" there is no official production schedule stating they must build X amount. Volume will be low but I am thinking closer to 10 to 15 thousand for the first full year would be a safe bet.
Holdens have the ability to ramp up production if the need arises. Chevrolet production won't commence untill the second half of the year. VE production ceases in March that I do know for 100 % absolute take it to the bank sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
GM vice president of global manufacturing, Tim Lee quote

Hi I'm new to the forum. I am a not so active member of the G8 forum. As I've been curious about the SS Performance, I found this interview taken from Australian "Car Advice.com" dated 1/15/2013. Talks about the possible pricing rationalle and El Camino rumors.

"Lee also ruled out the possibility of exporting the Holden Commodore Ute to the United States, following rumours that a program was being undertaken to revive the Chevrolet El Camino nameplate in that market.
Asked whether the operations boss would like to see the Australian-made, rear-drive utility enter the American market, Lee replied with an emphatic “hell yes.”
“I think that vehicle has a tremendous amount of cache in the United States. So if we could we would…”
The enthusiasm is tempered by the strong Australian dollar, the single reason Lee states as keeping the Commodore Ute off US shores.
“80 cents” is the US to Australian dollar exchange rate figure cited as being required to make the program viable. Currently the US dollar is trading at A$1.05.
“You can’t make a business case out of something like that.
“You tell me about what the Aussie dollar is gonna do in the next 12 to 18 months and I’ll tell you about export potential for cars like that.”
In 2009, when the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle (PPV) export program was signed off, the dollar was trading in the lucrative 80 cents region, indicating the program is now running at a loss.
Lee also says the recently-announced low-volume VF Commodore export program, which will see the car rebadged as a Chevrolet SS in the US, is based around extremely highly-contented and premium price positioning to make the business case sound. That’s a position a Commodore Ute could likely not share.
Asked whether the Commodore Ute could be built in the United States, Lee said “we will not be investing one penny to implement the Zeta architecture [current Commodore platform] in the United States.”

Given his position in the company, it should be solid information. It looks like we'll be expected to pay dearly for that GXP replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only about 40,000 G8's were made in the 18 months it was in production (Oct 2007 to Spring 2009)

Resales on the G8 have been high since they sold out (months later), and with the SS in limited numbers, and high retails, the G8s should continue to keep their value.

Like others have said, it will be hard to step up from a loaded G8 that stickered just north of 30k to one that is 10k more.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
if Rick Hendrick has anything to do with it the answer will be yes....this car will most definitely show up at one of the Barrett-Jackson auctions later this year.
I really hope he does, I follow Rick Hendrick's youtube channel and love all the Chevrolet SS video's even if it's just the ss race car.

curious how much the first chevrolet ss sedan to roll off the line will get at Barrett-Jackson, definitely not as much as the corvette

1 - 17 of 17 Posts