Chevy SS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little look at something we have coming down the pipeline. With a Granatelli Carbon Fiber Hood Stripe kit, these Carbon Fiber hood vents will make your Gen6 Chevrolet Camaro pop.

We want to make these for the SS sedan hood vents to wanted to see what feedback we can get

Reactions: airboss63

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about a retrofit kit for the 14-15s without the vents, with a template to make the cutout?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That a great idea but do you think a lot of people will really cut there hood to put in the vents

Either way I'll talk that over with Mr. Granatelli and see what his take is on this

·
Registered
775 Posts
That a great idea but do you think a lot of people will really cut there hood to put in the vents

Either way I'll talk that over with Mr. Granatelli and see what his take is on this
Probably not, but I know I would. They could bring them to a body shop to have installed.

Reactions: devang and blacheg

·
Premium Member
3,711 Posts
I am very interested. A lot of heat under the hood here in the south.
The hood vent cut out for Camaro just leaves me uncomfortable cutting hood
frame members. Nice to know they are there when and "God forbid" if needed.
Are you thinking same location as shown?

Reactions: Boudin

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think you are suggesting these in the existing hood vent holes. No cutting right?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

Would be nice to get a little more heat relief with my supercharger that properly drains. Mavs hood is too open for a daily driver in any weather possible.

·
Registered
49 Posts

YES!! +1 to this idea, I know i would!

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
i just want cf pieces to replace the current vents and matching cf fender vents.
This.

Think about it. How many '16-17 owners would ADD two more hood vents on top of the the two that are already there? Not many. Four vents would look gaudy.

Now, if you make something that's a replacement for the '16-17 vents, with a template, it can be adapted to the '14-15.

One mold. Everyone wins.

·
Registered
775 Posts
This.

Think about it. How many '16-17 owners would ADD two more hood vents on top of the the two that are already there? Not many. Four vents would look gaudy.

Now, if you make something that's a replacement for the '16-17 vents, with a template, it can be adapted to the '14-15.

One mold. Everyone wins.
That is exactly what Granatelli is proposing : To make the CF replacement vents for the SS like they do for the Camaro. What we're ( 14-15 owners) are asking for is just an accompanying template and any additional pieces necessary to add them to ours, because there are none currently.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That is exactly what Granatelli is proposing : To make the CF replacement vents for the SS like they do for the Camaro. What we're ( 14-15 owners) are asking for is just an accompanying template and any additional pieces necessary to add them to ours, because there are none currently.

I'm down for that... even if the design is different as long as it fits the 16-17 hood holes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just thinking out loud, the vents have been discussed before in some detail about reducing lift more than extracting heat from the engine bay. When you look at the rubber beneath the vents they appear to be pulling air from the fenders not the engine bay supporting the lift theory, also the drivers side rubber appears to partially seal on the strut mount.

If Holden was going for heat extraction wouldn't they place the vents in the middle/front of the hood like most other manufactures do? How much air is getting into the engine bay with the large foam strip under the hood that seals to the vanity panel above the radiator? Will the air after going through the radiator and condenser be moving fast enough or in the right direction be able to get anywhere close to the vents to help remove air from the engine bay?

Playing devils advocate in my head maybe they were trying to accomplish both remove heat from the engine bay and reduce lift at the same time without placing functional vents on top of the fenders ala this monster

·
Registered
775 Posts
Honestly, I think they were just going for looks. Any measurable benefit is probably minimal.
I'll admit it, that's all I'm going for. .

·
Registered
453 Posts
Honestly, I think they were just going for looks. Any measurable benefit is probably minimal.
That makes more sense if they were going for functionality they would have placed them where everyone else does, on my XFR I could see heat haze coming out of the vents I have never seen that on the SS in the hot Houston summer.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If we where to do the vent it would be to replace the factory one's with our Granatelli Carbon Fiber ones

Just curious but how many of you would really buy these of we make them

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.