1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
My first job was as a detailer for a Cadillac dealer.

Therefore all my cars are white (or have been silver), especially the street parked ones.

But even I'm getting bored of it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
White is the best color for hot and sunny climates and therefore the most popular one in those markets. This must have an effect on the overall stats.

·
Super Moderator
5,575 Posts
Why does it always have to be about color?

·
Registered
788 Posts
For me it isn't since I buy my cars used and color is not a primary consideration (unless it is atrocious).
Color is the first thing you see... I see red a lot...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Try buying a car these days that isn't white,black,silver,grey or red. On the car lots except for Mustang and high end sports cars I guess they are not adventurous. I see a few green and probably more in blue but a majority here in Aus seem to be top four.

·
Registered
398 Posts
white tops the list, followed by black, gray, and silver.
All of the colors I wouldn't buy. Unless I'm buying a cheap commuter appliance (which at this time I have no intention of doing).

I have a black truck (bought it used, not much choice there), and that's been enough to sour me on that color.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Doesn't surprise me at all, my last 4 vehicles were white except the SS which is SIM. I was about to pull trigger on a HW one and at last minute wife suggested I get SIM. Our Summit White 2000 Suburban purchased Sept 1999 looks perfect and it has sat outside for last 20 years.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
just the opposite...my cars have been silver and the SS I bought is HW...

Bill

·
Registered
95 Posts
Every time I purchase a new car I swear to myself that I am going to buy a white or silver car. For some stupid reason I end up with black or a another dark color...
1998 SVT Contour E1 - NEW - Black (First new car purchase)
1999 Mazda Tribute - Purchased from friend - Silver
2003 Sentra SE-R SpecV - NEW - Black
2013 Honda Pilot - NEW - Polished Metal Metallic (Dark Gray)
2017 Chevy SS - NEW - Black

Black is a bitch to keep clean but I just keep coming back to it. My saving grace right now is that the car is garaged, driven <500 miles a month due to working from home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts