Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, you guys with HP Tuners who have upgraded to the 4.5” Synergy cold air intake with LS7 style MAF, would you be so kind as to PM me a download of your HPT calibration file or PM me the MAF vs Freq table under Engine/Airflow ?

i just installed this intake and could use a good table to get a head-start on calibrating MAF.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
469 Posts
I can send you mine. I have a 5" intake. Are you just looking for the freq s?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for offering but I finally put my brain in gear. I looked up the MAF p/n and found it was OE in the ‘15 6.2L Camaros...so pulled a file from one out of the HPT repository and it got me going.

I finally got it dialed in, and I feel kind of happy, looks like I picked up 1.5psi of boost @6000rpm...that stock MAF and airbox was allot more restrictive than I thought at these power levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
469 Posts
Could you dm the file? I'd like to compare what I have.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've installed the Synergy intake on my Whippled car and dialed in the VE table and MAF curve to "within reason." I'm having a mindbogglingly bad lean spike at transitions that doesn't exist with the stock MAF. It will take almost a full second from the MAP transitioning into boost and the PE coming on. If I walk my way gradually through the transition with a gradual change in throttle, everything works great. However, digging at the throttle on the highway enough to provoke a downshift, the car goes so lean that it stutters and backfires.

Anyone ran into that issue? I've dug around at length on the HPTuners forum, but thought I'd reach out to guys with the same platform and building blocks to see if I could understand what's going on.

I removed the RPM component of the PE Delay. My throttle positions are set low and PE should trigger when MAP > 85 kPa.

Also, tuning in VE Only or MAF Only, this problem didn't occur. Stabs at the throttle stayed pretty dang close to commanded AFR. It's only when I've gone back to the blended tune that this scary behavior occurs.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I've installed the Synergy intake on my Whippled car and dialed in the VE table and MAF curve to "within reason." I'm having a mindbogglingly bad lean spike at transitions that doesn't exist with the stock MAF. It will take almost a full second from the MAP transitioning into boost and the PE coming on. If I walk my way gradually through the transition with a gradual change in throttle, everything works great. However, digging at the throttle on the highway enough to provoke a downshift, the car goes so lean that it stutters and backfires.

Anyone ran into that issue? I've dug around at length on the HPTuners forum, but thought I'd reach out to guys with the same platform and building blocks to see if I could understand what's going on.

I removed the RPM component of the PE Delay. My throttle positions are set low and PE should trigger when MAP > 85 kPa.

Also, tuning in VE Only or MAF Only, this problem didn't occur. Stabs at the throttle stayed pretty dang close to commanded AFR. It's only when I've gone back to the blended tune that this scary behavior occurs.
Hope you disabled DFCO during tuning. This causes lean when you over off the gas and coast. Huge lean. You can’t tune with it turned on.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Yep, of course. Thanks for checking!
So maf isn’t dialed in or PE not engaging fast enough. Your log sessions should tell you what is wrong. Bump up the maf in the hz that’s causing the leaning or make PE come in sooner if it’s not engaging with boost. What’s your PE ramp in/out?

·
Registered
58 Posts
It was definitely that PE wasn't engaging fast enough, and I didn't understand what was keeping it from doing so since I thought I had it set to go into PE as soon as MAP went over 85 kPa.

But after doing a whole lot of reading, I found it. It turns out that the less restrictive intake tube apparently changes the throttle idle position enough that it invalidates the PE TPS enable table that Whipple supplied. And since the numbers in that table aren't classic "TP%," but some math function related to effective throttle area or some other overly complicated way of viewing things, I didn't comprehend that it would keep PE from kicking in and couldn't see it in the log because I was reading it for classic "TP%."

So, I plagiarized and tweaked the ZL1 values, and now everything is dead on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Or the engine/supercharger responds so much more readily to lower throttle inputs. Or a combination of both that and a change in idle position. Whatever the case, that PE TP table fixed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts