Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you missed the email today:

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/chevrolet/na/us/english/index/vehicles/2020/performance/zerv-reveal/02-pdfs/C8_Pricing_PDF.pdf

Gets might pricey quick.

Remember all the price increases between the intro price and the end of the first year the C7 ???

I know someone who ordered a C7 the first day you could get an order accepted and by the time it was built, one of the first VINS, the price was $2K higher on the sticker. Price protection saved him the $2K.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Appears the base 1LT with no options is the REAL bargain.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
As If!!!!

There was the general but unmentioned caveat bantered about at the West Coast Reveal,,, couple of weeks ago,,, regarding the BASE car on display!!!! There wont be more than an actual handful of those produced. Kinda like the old Homolgation production cars (Daytona/Superbird, Hurst 300's,,,,,) done for the minimum qualification standards.

When you are done specing the only correct variant,,, which is always to,,,,,, CHECK EVERY LAST OPTION BOX,,,,, It will set you back around 95 to 100+++!!! That was/is of course,,, the plan all along now after all,,, isn't it!!! Besides,,,, who in their right mind wouldn't want it as a 3LT anyway!!!!

:wink

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Actually its not too crazy if you can avoid all the tacky carbon fiber bits.

I never understood replacing a piece of plastic with carbon fiber. Clearly you didn't need it to be strong, it isn't getting measurably lighter, its for the looks. Its purely show off money. I feel like exposed carbon fiber is this generation's chrome.

I'm probably an outlier though...

Chevy did take a page from Porsche on the prices and configurations though. I think that was a very smart move.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Actually its not too crazy if you can avoid all the tacky carbon fiber bits.

I never understood replacing a piece of plastic with carbon fiber. Clearly you didn't need it to be strong, it isn't getting measurably lighter, its for the looks. Its purely show off money. I feel like exposed carbon fiber is this generation's chrome.

Chevy did take a page from Porsche on the prices and configurations though. I think that was a very smart move.
Agreed. CF is overrated and overused at this point from a cosmetic perspective. I personally do not find it attractive. I would much rather have interior bits covered in Leather. I hope the CF interior fad dies soon.

·
Super Moderator
5,641 Posts
...I feel like exposed carbon fiber is this generation's chrome...
I'm somewhere in the middle. I like chrome on some things, like my particular SS, but think @Kannon's SS and others look great without it. Same with new pickup trucks. I like the painted grilles and bumpers (except the inevitable rock chips and associated rust) better than chrome.
Besides, I thought that this generation's chrome was Plasti-dip... ;) :storm:

·
Super Moderator
5,641 Posts
As for the pricing of the C8, if you check every box and come up with $100k (don't really know), then are you not getting a car to compete with a world class supercar for a fraction of the cost of most cars considered to be in that class? That's pretty impressive. That's also before the Z0's and the ZR's and all of Z fun starts. More money? Oh yeah. Perhaps competing with the best of the best? I would guess that you may not be competing with them, as you would probably be considered one of them, probably still well under the price of most. That's pretty freakin' cool.

·
Super Moderator
5,566 Posts
3lt is over rated I go for the 2lt everything but the fancy leather c7 3lt leather dashes are peeling off. 2lt plus nav and I have everything but the leather problem. 3000 price increase ton 7000 on 2lt includes nav plus lane departure mirrors with warning lights back up mirror is actual camera.
z51vett
Doug

·
Registered
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchfoot:

"I never understood replacing a piece of plastic with carbon fiber. Clearly you didn't need it to be strong, it isn't getting measurably lighter, its for the looks. Its purely show off money. I feel like exposed carbon fiber is this generation's chrome.

Chevy did take a page from Porsche on the prices and configurations though. I think that was a very smart move."

Agreed. CF is overrated and overused at this point from a cosmetic perspective. I personally do not find it attractive. I would much rather have interior bits covered in Leather. I hope the CF interior fad dies soon Agreed. CF is overrated and overused at this point from a cosmetic perspective. I personally do not find it attractive. I would much rather have interior bits covered in Leather. I hope the CF interior fad dies soon.
I don't mind good quality non-gloss plastic. Plastic is the most functional material for car interior. I'd take fake non-gloss CF over chrome just to kill the bling, and likely also over piano black (which I have in my VF to start with, plus to replace the chrome pieces). Never understood the piano black stuff either. $hit inside cars should not be shiny/reflective, period.
I'm likely even more of an outlier, but I don't get leather in cars either. I love my medium rare rib-eyes but prefer my cars vegan.
(Apologies for perpetuating the derail. I know this is supposed to be about C8 pricing... :sorry:)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
It's just like we said. By the time its optioned up with Z51, MRC, etc etc. it'll be $75-80K and up from there. Just watched a video where a Chevy salesman maxed one out with every option and got it to $100,700.00. And that doesn't include dealer markup and Z06 version. Plus he talked about the order dates and what they meant and went on to say it'll be a year to get the car a person builds. I'd post the video but he's annoying as heck.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
It's just like we said. By the time its optioned up with Z51, MRC, etc etc. it'll be $75-80K and up from there. Just watched a video where a Chevy salesman maxed one out with every option and got it to $100,700.00. And that doesn't include dealer markup and Z06 version. Plus he talked about the order dates and what they meant and went on to say it'll be a year to get the car a person builds. I'd post the video but he's annoying as heck.
Sounds like the Chevy Dude salesman? I just subbed to his channel a couple weeks ago. He can get a little annoying sometimes but I appreciate the info he provides and his enthusiasm.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
The sweet spot has always been the 2LT cars with some good options. My 3LT C7 was an $80K car that I was able to pick up for almost half the price after four years. I will probably do the same with the C8.

Ideally, I would like a 2LT, GT2 Seats, Z51, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler which would be in the low to mid $70s sticker.

I think the price is still cheaper than what people were thinking. Rumors are still being spread around that oil changes will be $500 and normal maintenance will require the engine being dropped. SMH...

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Perhaps competing with the best of the best? I would guess that you may not be competing with them, as you would probably be considered one of them, probably still well under the price of most. That's pretty freakin' cool.
Similar to owning a Chevy SS Sports Sedan? Tremendous bang for the buck?

·
Super Moderator
5,566 Posts
Well my Z06 was about 89000 because of auto and gas guzzler tax that's 3000 combined. I have no carbon fiber or the expensive side skirts or splitter. I've seen GS cost more than Z because of all the add on,s. I have no use for fluff oh look at me I got carbon fiber I want the car and go fast don't need a drag queen. The problem price increase over C7 2lt is justified because it now contains Nav and performance recorder 1700 option on my Z also add was lane departure warning, backup mirror in other words your rear view mirror is a camera, the mirrors have the warning lights in them so much more verse C7. Bet I buy Z06 close to what mine listed for. In other words no trans cost or add on for Nav that was as I said 3000 and 1700. Base Z was 71,000' so I will se if I own one or not z that listed for over 90 were not flying off the lots.
z51vett
Doug

·
Registered
870 Posts
The sweet spot has always been the 2LT cars with some good options. My 3LT C7 was an $80K car that I was able to pick up for almost half the price after four years. I will probably do the same with the C8.

I think the price is still cheaper than what people were thinking. Rumors are still being spread around that oil changes will be $500 and normal maintenance will require the engine being dropped. SMH...

Same for me, give the car time to be put thru its paces and get those off lease deals.

you gotta pay for the <3 sec 0-60 somewhere. if its $500 oil changes once a year i can live with it. but i will say it better have a manual dipstick too.

dropping the engine, prob comes with the territory, just wondering was the fiero the same way ?

ppp

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Similar to owning a Chevy SS Sports Sedan? Tremendous bang for the buck?
Not to derail the thread, a simple add on to Iratollah's comment.... Although Doug DeMuro's review of the SS was not totally accurate (as others have noted.. example: he claimed the hood vents were non-functional), however, if I recall correctly, the SS may have been the first (and possibly only) car he has rated as a 10/10 on value. No need for the Doug haters to weigh in now....

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Sounds like the Chevy Dude salesman? I just subbed to his channel a couple weeks ago. He can get a little annoying sometimes but I appreciate the info he provides and his enthusiasm.

You nailed it bud.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts