Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get a small burning smell from the engine nothing crazy maybe just the heat or the stickers from the headers install? I just moved my TCM harness cause it was touching the KOOKS headers but I still smell something? Normal? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Anyone else get a small burning smell from the engine nothing crazy maybe just the heat or the stickers from the headers install? I just moved my TCM harness cause it was touching the KOOKS headers but I still smell something? Normal? Thanks!
Assuming you have nothing now touching the headers, it will take some time for anything to completely burn off.

• Helpful
Reactions: Pinetree

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming you have nothing now touching the headers, it will take some time for anything to completely burn off.
Yes! I have attached a picture here to how I fixed the harness lol with some zip ties so I don’t think it’s touching anymore which is good! Maybe the stickers from the headers? You said it would be a while till everything burned off like the material from the headers
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You shouldn't have stickers on headers. If you do, remove them. Otherwise, that burning smell is normal from oils on hands handling the headers. Oil, sweat, etc.
Yeah they had some on there labeling the size and stuff and “kooks” on green stickers, not the actual headers themselves but the piping to the mufflers, and how long do you think it’ll last it’s been a week or 2 now, I don’t think it’s the harness anymore because I fixed it one and 2 it isn’t throwing any codes anymore

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
It's not a function of days, it's more a function of miles. I'd take those stickers off, but if they're at the collectors, well, I guess that could get hot enough to be an issue for stickers. I've never heard of header companies putting stickers on headers, but I've never had kooks. Sounds kinda dumb lol

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
My header and mid pipe install yielded smelly exhaust emissions, but nothing else. After the cats were welded in it smelled like burning oil for three weeks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My header and mid pipe install yielded smelly exhaust emissions, but nothing else. After the cats were welded in it smelled like burning oil for three weeks.
Maybe that’s what it is from, I get nervous it’s on the harness again but should be fine, hopefully goes away soon, I’ll know if the TCM light comes on again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts