Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Where can we get build data/info now? Remember hearing that the contact for that at GM is no longer viable?

Reactions: 1quikss

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts
If you contact dead brand designs (highly recommend) and give him VIN he will look it up and get all the info. He does a mock up for you to approve and it comes out great. Had one done a couple of months ago an I am very happy with it.
I can tell you where he looks it up...

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
If you contact dead brand designs (highly recommend) and give him VIN he will look it up and get all the info. He does a mock up for you to approve and it comes out great. Had one done a couple of months ago an I am very happy with it.
Exactly what 15SuperSport said (or really implied), Chris Frech/Dead Brand Designs “will look it up” in the file that I created. ;)

BACKGROUND: I had to “turn off” access to the file at one point because Chris was telling people he was the source of the information Within HOURS he was messaging me telling me the link/file was down. I thought he and I had an understanding that he would disclose me/my file as the source of the information, (which he did for a while, but seems to have stopped).

I provide FREE access to the file/information that took me 100’s of hours to manually find the VINs compile the options data and about $1,500-2,000 for the access to system to pull the RPO codes. All I ask in return is that people let me know they appreciate the time and effort that went into the information.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Exactly what 15SuperSport said (or really implied), Chris Frech/Dead Brand Designs “will look it up” in the file that I created. ;)

BACKGROUND: I had to “turn off” access to the file at one point because Chris was telling people he was the source of the information Within HOURS he was messaging me telling me the link/file was down. I thought he and I had an understanding that he would disclose me/my file as the source of the information, (which he did for a while, but seems to have stopped).

I provide FREE access to the file/information that took me 100’s of hours to manually find the VINs compile the options data and about $1,500-2,000 for the access to system to pull the RPO codes. All I ask in return is that people let me know they appreciate the time and effort that went into the information.
I appreciate it Ben! I have all the MY info printed out and in my binder on everything SS. Thanks for the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Fixing My Own "SS"
73 Posts
That's interesting, didn't know all that, but I put "this is the information regarding my car from Ben's database" in the email I sent to Deadbrands..

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
That's interesting, didn't know all that, but I put "this is the information regarding my car from Ben's database" in the email I sent to Deadbrands..
Jeff, no worries... As bitter as I sound, as long as people are getting use from the work, it was worth it. Just nice to know/get tagged when people find out the data is available so I can at least get some reference to how much others use the data.

I do miss your crawfish boils... I know I have told you that before, but the others I have been to just arent as good. ;)

·
Registered
Fixing My Own "SS"
73 Posts
I miss doing them! Definitely haven't gotten myself wedged into the community here like Indy. Haven't found resources like IndyCarz, or especially IndyHP, here yet. Thanks, Covid.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts