Chevy SS Forum banner
821 - 827 of 827 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Wow, I hadn't looked at the price for those OE pads. Going to cost me around $800 to change pads and rotors myself.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
The bulletin refers to "spacer" - aka shim. As previously mentioned, the SI (Service Information) and TSB both presume that the current service replacement OEM pads will be used to service the brakes. Further details in the bulletin address the possibility of copper paste washout if a pressure washer is used or with the use of wheel cleaners (no further specifics).

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
I can do the work myself. What exactly is needed for front and rear, excluding rotors?
This is for the front, the rears have a different (and more pronounced) issue and action. shims used on the updated REAR PADS (the pads get replaced in that TSB)

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
I can do the work myself. What exactly is needed for front and rear, excluding rotors?
If we're deciphering this correctly, you want to know the correct GM/Brembo parts called out that work per the bulletin?

PADS - OEM for SS
FRONT - More Information for GM GENUINE 92277173 (D1474 small damper)
REAR - More Information for GM GENUINE 1710882 (GM 89047744) (includes lubricant)

LOW FREQUENCY NOISE DAMPER (use with OEM/Brembo rear pads)
REAR - More Information for GM GENUINE 92507424

PADS - OEM for Camaro SS Gen6 & C7 Corvette (D1474 small damper) - alternate, lower cost, different shim design
FRONT - More Information for GM GENUINE 1711141

PAD RETENTION HARDWARE - OEM (may be included with pads)
FRONT - More Information for GM GENUINE 89047711
REAR - More Information for GM GENUINE 89047728

PAD RETENTION HARDWARE - not OEM, lower cost
FRONT - More Information for CARLSON H5811
REAR - More Information for CARLSON H5809

CALIPER BOLTS - OEM (4 required)
FRONT - More Information for GM GENUINE 11570788 (60mm U/H length)
REAR - More Information for GM GENUINE 92139080 (45mm U/H length)

CALIPER BOLTS - non-OEM
FRONT - More Information for DORMAN 14947
FRONT - BLACK PHOSPHATE McMaster-Carr
REAR - ZINC McMaster-Carr (50mm vs 45mm spec, may require shortening)
Statement in M-C product notes: Black-phosphate steel screws are mildly corrosion resistant in dry environments. Zinc yellow-chromate plated steel screws resist corrosion in wet environments.

LUBRICANT - info in Service Information (SI) & bulletin

821 - 827 of 827 Posts