Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
You should definitely expand your search nationwide if a manual is what you want - especially if you're specific on your color. You may get lucky within 500 miles of the DMV or you may never see one available. There are rarely ever double-digit manual SS's available in the entire nation on the 2 major listing sites (auto trader and cars.com). My numbers may be off by a few, but there were about 2,625 manuals built in the entire run of 12,924 SS's. That's a smidgen over 20% built as manuals. They are pretty rare. So, the frenzy is real on the manuals and prices are usually pretty firm.

More SS's in the DMV is a good thing, so good luck in your search.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here is the one I bought in Texas, it left for Maryland Yesterday, Holden F&R badges, Holden steering wheel airbag, Holden wheel center caps, one front tire has curb rash but the one in the trunk is new. 17,800 miles, private party sale, moonroof, spare tire, M6

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice. Your Holden center caps are the red version (cool) and your door handles appear to be painted (or wrapped) too. Congrats.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thank you Longevity
@drbob where in the DMV you located! That’s a purty new ride on the way to you!
I’m waiting on my red Holden center caps to show up from Australia right now!

·
Registered
107 Posts
@drbob I am in Howard Co. as well. In the Fairway Hills golf course area just a few minutes away from the Mall in Columbia. Hopefully I'll see you riding around when your new wheels arrive!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Next time weather is good me and F150toSS hope to meetup at Centennial Lake for pic and talk car's. If you are available stop by.

I'm normally in Columbia area few times for work.

20200122_153745.jpg

From our last meetup!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice! You said you were in the Clarksville area... if you haven’t been there yet, I recommend Koons Clarksville on Auto Drive. Service dept is very friendly and they all love seeing an SS roll in there. And they have a tech, Brandon, who specializes working on performance GM vehicles. Give them a shout and ask for Brandon to do the work whenever you need anything done.

·
Registered
107 Posts
@drbob also, be sure to get that skip shift eliminator installed RIGHT AWAY if it isn’t already in the car! It makes a huge difference to the driving experience of the car. You can PM me if you have any questions about it if you want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Nice! You said you were in the Clarksville area... if you haven’t been there yet, I recommend Koons Clarksville on Auto Drive. Service dept is very friendly and they all love seeing an SS roll in there. And they have a tech, Brandon, who specializes working on performance GM vehicles. Give them a shout and ask for Brandon to do the work whenever you need anything done.
The car will be in there next week for the MD inspection, as soon as I finish pulling off the tint and repalcing the worn summer tires.The seller gave me the skip shift eliminator, I have not had time to install it yet.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts