Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit : Post serves as introduction and as an ongoing modification thread. List of mods at bottom.

Edit 2020 : I sold my 2014 A6 (v1)in 2018 and bought a 2016 M6 (v2) in 2020.

Instagram : justntoys
YouTube : justntoys

V1: Glad to be part of this forum. I have been lurking for a long time now and was finally able to purchase a used 2014 SS that I picked up today in Kansas and drove it back home 800 miles to Louisiana. I have wanted one since they came out, and with the prices coming down I was finally able to do it. 2014 with 14k miles, GM certified extended warranty extension, and a one way plane ticket for 33k out the door.

My previous ride of any relevance was a 98 Trans Am 6spd with Heads/cam, headers, 12 bolt rear and much more. 445rwhp and low 11s in the mid 120s in Street trim. I sold it about 6 years ago and have had an itch to get back into something with an LS motor.

I'm a family man now, and really the SS was the only option for me. 4 doors and a LS3. Perfect.

There is no better way to get acquainted with a car quickly like a 12 hour, 800 mile journey for a first Drive. Of all the impressive things about the car, I have to say the seats surprised me the most. I have a bad back, multiple surgeries, even a recent major one, and I was comfortable the whole trip.

Leaving the dealership in Witchita, Kansas, the many wind turbines in the fields.

Filling up the first time in Oklahoma, we're they have gas stations and McDonald's in the medians of the interstate. And signs every 10 miles that say 'Don't drive into the smoke' WTH is that about?

And after 12 hours of driving, finally home

It really was a memorable trip. Windows down, mid 60s temperatures, the mild roar of the Ls3, and some music on the radio while cruising 75mph Most of the way. I took back HWYs through most of Oklahoma and North East Texas. Hundreds of miles of rolling hills and cattle farms. Absolutely beautiful scenery, I wish I had the time to stop and enjoy it more, but I needed to make it home as quick as possible.

I was surprised at the Mpg results, I wasn't expecting much but averaged 22.7 mpg for the trip, with the best tank being 24.1. For some reason Fuelly isnt reporting the first tanks miles traveled, but the data results are accurate.

Looking forward to spending time on the forum and hopefully contributing as well. On the short list is to polish it with Menzerna FG400 then coat with Opticoat 2.0 I have on hand, get all the chrome trim painted, then a Corsa exhaust and Eibach lowering Springs. Once the warranty is up it will get a Whipple , but that's for another day...

Thanks for letting me share my maiden voyage in the SS with you...

Justin

Holden Grille/badge Conversion + Blackout Trim
Kooks 1 7/8, G8 Corsa Connection pipes (Off road)
G8 Corsa 14950 Catback
Vararam Intake with Black couplers
NGK Tr6 Spark Plugs
Eibach Prokit lowering springs
Konig INTERFORM Wheels 19x8.5/9.5
BMR Subframe connectors and tunnel brace
Morimoto 6500k Headlights
YitaMotor LED fog lights
Led running lights and sidemarkers
OEM Hood Stripe
Corvette Grandsport flat black Hash marks
Weathertech floor and trunk mats
Holden floormat emblems and center caps by Ray Regal
The Wet Seat tailored seat covers front and rear
OEM mud flaps >> now ZL1 add on flaps
Rear Brembo conversion ( in process)
Tinted side markers
SSV tailights
Haas Batwing Splitter
Ezsplitters side

Current 4/2017

Future :
Boost
Cam
Converter
Holden Airbag
Holden Mylink and dash command
20" Rear Wheels
2016+hood
M/A rear diffuser ( pending release)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Congrats on the purchase of your SS Boudin! I just took my first road trip with mine and averaged nearly 23 mpg.

Reactions: Boudin

·
Registered
709 Posts
Excellent deal ! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like a nice ride home with your new baby

·
Premium Member
7,011 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Corsa Catback is on its way along with the O2 sensor plugs. With the Corsa on I go from 4 cats to 2 cats correct?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Congrats on the new ride...perfect way to get acquainted with it too ;)

Diggin that TA...had a few myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
Welcome, Boudin! Where in Louisiana?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: Cajun SS

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ha , I have family in Denham. You might see a Houston SS over there when I come visit and possibly for the Hotrod Power Tour.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats and welcome, wow I averaged 19.9 MPG's on the way down to Florida from North Carolina to pick our SS up... I suppose I do have a bit of a lead foot though!

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Denham Springs, right outside Baton Rouge....

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
That's 2 in town now. River Road here, and I think a third in Walker.
That I now about anyway. When you mentioned Louisiana didn't think that close, cool:grin

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
That's 2 in town now. River Road here, and I think a third in Walker.
That I now about anyway. When you mentioned Louisiana didn't think that close, cool:grin
I was at Walker Muffler today getting my Corsa exhaust put on and he asked me if I knew of a white SS with some work done by Futral Motorsports that was there for exhaust previously.

Here's a short startup video of the exhaust. I love the sound. It's a little louder in person.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
I was at Walker Muffler today getting my Corsa exhaust put on and he asked me if I knew of a white SS with some work done by Futral Motorsports that was there for exhaust previously.

Here's a short startup video of the exhaust. I love the sound. It's a little louder in person.

https://youtu.be/Cosdu_fs8k0

Probably, me, he helped me align my cat back. Called him about headers and he gave a reference. I went with borla shorties instead I
don't want loud, just deeper note. Maybe another unicorn in our midst.
Good guy, we started talking about motor and he just had to fire up that 1000 HP Vette, Sweet :grin

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Congrats!! nice we are up by the Shreveport area.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hit it with the dual action polisher using Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 and a white polishing bad. It had swirls all over the body from improper washing. 8 hours of polishing and they are Totally gone except a few deeper scratches and a few paint chips to fill. The PBM really has that bass boat sparkle in the sun ;)

1 - 20 of 117 Posts