Chevy SS Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
marylandspeed, OT question here:
What wheels are on the red SS in your banner advertisement? They look great.
Size and offset too please?

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tax refund spent, thank you sir!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not knocking Maryland Speed at all but **** Borla. when your competitors at SOLO are making a better axle back imo for $489 how on earth can this be justified? Isn't their cat back like $300 more?

"The stock mufflers (axle backs) are $645.56 each, list for over a grand each." Uh yeah but those are also Bi - Mode mufflers. Atleast with the stock muffler you have noise level options.

Again this isn't again MLS as I'm gonna order my SOLO through them, but holy **** Borla

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Not knocking Maryland Speed at all but **** Borla. when your competitors at SOLO are making a better axle back imo for $489 how on earth can this be justified? Isn't their cat back like $300 more?

"The stock mufflers (axle backs) are $645.56 each, list for over a grand each." Uh yeah but those are also Bi - Mode mufflers. Atleast with the stock muffler you have noise level options.

Again this isn't again MLS as I'm gonna order my SOLO through them, but holy **** Borla
Well I would say one big difference is that, with Borla, youre actually getting mufflers. Solo's kit is a couple pipes with some tips. Essentially no muffler at all. Borla has a nice CLEAN sound. Its smooth and deep (im talking about the Touring mostly, since ive never heard an S-Type in person).
Theyre pricey, but to call Borla's product inferior to Solo's is ignorant.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
As stated, Borla has mufflers, and sounds really good. Also Borla is 304 stainless, and Solo is lower grade 409. They are both good systems no doubt..just different. I ran the Borla on my SS and loved it

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well I would say one big difference is that, with Borla, youre actually getting mufflers. Solo's kit is a couple pipes with some tips. Essentially no muffler at all. Borla has a nice CLEAN sound. Its smooth and deep (im talking about the Touring mostly, since ive never heard an S-Type in person).
Theyre pricey, but to call Borla's product inferior to Solo's is ignorant.

" but to call Borla's product inferior to Solo's is ignorant" - Its called an opinion and regardless if its an entire muffler or just a few pipe's I believe it's an inflated price due to lack of fab'd up unit's on the market and in the end it's only an axle back.

Maryland, I'll be contacting you later this week about ordering some parts.

·
Registered
109 Posts
In a sad way I hope a bunch of people put in orders so maybe I’ll get my Borla Touring that I ordered on 9/1! I’ve sent two emails without a response and called Tuesday 10/24, and talked to a very nice young lady that said she would send me an email update no later than yesterday. Still nothing....... I knew I might have to wait a few weeks but the rep on the phone when I ordered assured me the Axleback would ship in 1-2 weeks. Here we are 8 weeks later.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts