Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
So I re-read your first post of this thread to refresh my memory of the dates you gave in that post.
Yeah, confirmed. Patience is not your strong suit in this deal, Better luck going forward.
Patience?? Dude, what does this have to do with patience? I have no problem WAITING for my parts. Take the full 4 weeks, that's fine. I'll be patient about that as I've mentioned ad nauseam above. Now, If I had been blowing up his phone and email asking "where are my parts???" I could agree with you that it would be impatient. This wasn't all over the course of a day or 2 either. I even stated in my third email to him that I'm fine waiting so he didn't get the impression that the timeframe was my issue. What I have a problem with is being completely ignored when you have my money. I try calling with my question about the MAF screen and their mailbox is full. OK, not a big deal. I send them an email asking the question (about the MAF screen) and giving them a courtesy "FYI" that their mailbox is full in case they didn't know. I give them a couple days and hear nothing so send them another polite email. I waited over a week for a response to a number of emails. You tell me in what line of retail business that is an acceptable standard for customer service? If you're OK with that level of service, that's fine. But I'm not and I wouldn't say that rises to the level of impatience.

I've ordered items from a ton of vendors for the SS (RDP Store, Juiced Motorsports, Brian Tooley Racing, SSonly.com, Weapon X Motorsports, LSX Innovations, and Mav Man Carbon off the top of my head) and always had great service and quick response to questions so that is the data set that I'm working with when it comes to my expectations.

EDIT: I really just want to point out that I'm not trying to be an ******* in this situation. This was my honest review after waiting for longer that I felt I needed to for a response. I am still giving Boost District the opportunity as I have no cancelled my order. I do want to see them do well and succeed but I'm not going to just lie about an experience. It looks like others have had the same issues as I have although on a greater level.

·
Super Moderator
14,056 Posts
Funny man.. such is life. Your posts speak for themselves.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Your posts speak for themselves.
May I ask what that means? Genuinely curious where you think I’m being difficult and out of line.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why giving Eric such a hard time? I have read entire thread and it doesn’t appear he was complaining about waiting for his intake but merely radio silence when he had a question about his order. I can’t comment on vendor as I have not dealt with them, but I definitely feel Eric’s pain regarding no response. It takes no more than a couple mins to say hey we are delayed, or something has come up then person on receiving end is thinking ok no big deal instead of being left in dark. My 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
14,056 Posts
I am not defending the vendor by any means and I'm not "on Eric's case".
Merely pointing out that there are inconsistencies in the whole thread regarding the chronology of events. Eric maintains he has been extremely patient in dealing with the vendor. My observation was that I don't see that degree of patience exhibited in the posts after the first attempt to contact the vendor failed to produce the results he wanted.
It's just an observation never intended to be the 'butt-hurt' criticism that everyone is making of it.
As stated - I hope Eric gets the satisfaction he deserves from this vendor.

·
Premium Member
15,024 Posts
I am not defending the vendor by any means and I'm not "on Eric's case".
Merely pointing out that there are inconsistencies in the whole thread regarding the chronology of events. Eric maintains he has been extremely patient in dealing with the vendor. My observation was that I don't see that degree of patience exhibited in the posts after the first attempt to contact the vendor failed to produce the results he wanted.
It's just an observation never intended to be the 'butt-hurt' criticism that everyone is making of it.
As stated - I hope Eric gets the satisfaction he deserves from this vendor.

It seems butt hurt criticism is the "daily special" of late.

People need to get thicker skin and a life.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts

I did get an email back after my 4th email and a text to him from another forum member letting him know about this with an update saying it'll be 2 more weeks which I am fine with. That's still in the 4 week window. No biggie. We'll see if it happens.
Sorry about the situation and glad they got back to you with an ETA on the intake. I was curious though, did they ever answer your original question about needing the MAF screen?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sorry about the situation and glad they got back to you with an ETA on the intake. I was curious though, did they ever answer your original question about needing the MAF screen?
Yes. He said “You don't need a MAF screen. It is designed appropriately with the space on our cars and MAF was placed to not need it. “
That’s really the main reason for my first email. lol.

Reactions: gbro18

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I understand where your coming from about communication. When someone spends the time and money to have a web page to order from and have an email address why do we have to go to FB to communicate because that is the best way? That's BS. Some of us prefer not to be on FB for various reason.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So Roshan must have got the message. He sent me a message last night apologizing for his slow response times and asked how my build was. He also said he hired someone to help with all the calls/messages. He even sent me back some cash for some missing bolts from the kit. I’ll definitely keep doing business with him. Hope the OP gets the same treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have sent some emails to this company and never heard anything back. I personally don't like dealing with businesses that are hard to communicate with and can sympathize. They look like they have some attractive pricing but in my mind any risk would outweigh paying less.

Hope you get your stuff.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Anyone order from Maryland Speed? LOL.. sorry, had to. Hit-up Roshan on facebook. hes a good guy, responds very quickly through social media.

Reactions: a6d9cmro

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone order from Maryland Speed? LOL.. sorry, had to. Hit-up Roshan on facebook. hes a good guy, responds very quickly through social media.
I did.... I had some issues with MD Speed but I was on the front end of it so I ended up getting everything I ordered. It was just a hassle to force that to happen. They also sent me the wrong stuff 3 times in a row. I offered to come over to his place since I am local-ish but the dude was very stand off about meeting in person. I told him I wanted to save on shipping but he said I couldn't pick it up. Part of why I said what I did before.

I also ordered from another small company named after a state. I dare not mention the name cause the dude is crazy and will come and attack me if I do. I ordered some stuff from him and on his side there was a glitch in his POS. I never got the stuff. Kept blaming me and said my CC was bad. Fortunately all I was out was time but he was an ass about it and didn't want to work it out.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Just wanted to post an update on this. I got a tracking number today for the intake so it looks like it will arrive within the window given on their website. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
My build was done by Roshan and BoostDistrict. There were a few slight delays but it wasn't bad. I'm pleased with how my cars drives and the install looks great (meaning, time was taken to route everything to look as OEM as possible). He also tuned it (with Tim Haines assistance) and so far I can't complain, well that's not accurate. I'm thrilled with my build and how much fun it is. My personal experience with Roshan is that he really is a good guy and he's serious about growing his business. This is all he has and he's doing the best he can. That said, I believe he'll always "do right by you" but delays should be expected. If you're expecting a minor delay you'll be very pleased. It's just setting realistic expectations when dealing with him. If I would need something sooner I'd search elsewhere. If close to his stated timelines are ok then you'll be fine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So did you end up needing a screen? I can see from your other posts you got your intake, just curious snoopy thre screen and where you put it if you did need it

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So did you end up needing a screen? I can see from your other posts you got your intake, just curious snoopy thre screen and where you put it if you did need it
i did not end up needing a screen. 👍🏼

·
Registered
2015 Holden Commodore/SS
2 Posts
i have tried email, FB and called and it’s been about 9 weeks on my order. Still nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️ Wondering if he forgot my order lol
Are you still waiting on that order to be fulfilled?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone here have any experiences dealing with Boost District? I really don't like to post negative experiences about companies but they have been on radio silence since ordering something from them and I spoke to someone outside of the forum that has been having a hell of a time trying to get all of their items and they have been avoiding him as well. I ordered their LSA intake from them on 2/6. At the bottom of the page it says "Most Intakes are in stock. Please allow 4 weeks to ship if not in stock. Call for assurance of availability." No worries there. I'm fine waiting up to 4 weeks for it.

However, I called them on 2/11 just to get an idea of when it would ship and to ask another question about the intake so I know if I need to order another part up to have ready when the intake arrives. Their voicemail was full. So, I emailed them after I tried to call them with the question and an ETA. The email was polite and just asking for some info. No response to the email.

After no email response for a few days I emailed them again on 2/13 (forwarded the email chain). Again very polite but asked for a response on that day to my questions. No response

Waited another day and emailed them again on Friday 2/14 letting them know that I'm getting a little frustrated. I let them know that I'm not frustrated with the timeline of getting the part because I'm fine waiting up to four weeks but I am frustrated with the lack of communication. The question could be answered in 30 seconds.

At this point it's been radio silence from my repeated attempts to get a hold of them. For now I can't recommend dealing with this company unless you need to. All they had to do was answer my email and I would have been totally OK waiting the full month to get the intake. But lack of communication when they already have my money is unacceptable. Like mentioned above, I know a guy that ordered a complete LSA system for his Chevy SS a few months ago and he STILL doesn't have all the parts for it and he's been getting the silent treatment as well. He's gone as far as calling from someone else's number to try and get them to answer. Order at your own risk.

I've attached the verbatim text of the 3 emails to them below so that you have all the info I have in order to make up your mind about my tone. These were all forwarded in the chain back to them from the order confirmation email I got so they know exactly which order and product I'm asking about. Each email also contained the entire email chain below. Order is from oldest to newest email.

---------------------
Hello, I'm just inquiring if I'll need to get a MAF screen for this for this or have you had good luck metering without a screen installed? I'm using the LS7 MAF to meter my meth injection. Also, any ETA on when this will ship?
FYI, I tried calling and your voicemail is full.
Thank you,
Eric

-------------------
Hello,
I did not receive a response to my inquiry below from Tuesday. Will you please respond today. Thank you
Eric

-----------------
Hello, I'm starting to get a little frustrated. I understand that this part may take up to 4 weeks to get which I am fine with. I'm not frustrated with that time line at all. What I am frustrated with is the lack of communication. All I'm asking is 1) do I need a MAF screen for this intake so I can order one up soon if I need one and 2) Do you have an expected time when the intake may ship so I can put my timeline together for starting the installation of other components. Can you please communicate with me. Thank you.

Eric

21 - 40 of 42 Posts