Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone here have any experiences dealing with Boost District? I really don't like to post negative experiences about companies but they have been on radio silence since ordering something from them and I spoke to someone outside of the forum that has been having a hell of a time trying to get all of their items and they have been avoiding him as well. I ordered their LSA intake from them on 2/6. At the bottom of the page it says "Most Intakes are in stock. Please allow 4 weeks to ship if not in stock. Call for assurance of availability." No worries there. I'm fine waiting up to 4 weeks for it.

However, I called them on 2/11 just to get an idea of when it would ship and to ask another question about the intake so I know if I need to order another part up to have ready when the intake arrives. Their voicemail was full. So, I emailed them after I tried to call them with the question and an ETA. The email was polite and just asking for some info. No response to the email.

After no email response for a few days I emailed them again on 2/13 (forwarded the email chain). Again very polite but asked for a response on that day to my questions. No response

Waited another day and emailed them again on Friday 2/14 letting them know that I'm getting a little frustrated. I let them know that I'm not frustrated with the timeline of getting the part because I'm fine waiting up to four weeks but I am frustrated with the lack of communication. The question could be answered in 30 seconds.

At this point it's been radio silence from my repeated attempts to get a hold of them. For now I can't recommend dealing with this company unless you need to. All they had to do was answer my email and I would have been totally OK waiting the full month to get the intake. But lack of communication when they already have my money is unacceptable. Like mentioned above, I know a guy that ordered a complete LSA system for his Chevy SS a few months ago and he STILL doesn't have all the parts for it and he's been getting the silent treatment as well. He's gone as far as calling from someone else's number to try and get them to answer. Order at your own risk.

I've attached the verbatim text of the 3 emails to them below so that you have all the info I have in order to make up your mind about my tone. These were all forwarded in the chain back to them from the order confirmation email I got so they know exactly which order and product I'm asking about. Each email also contained the entire email chain below. Order is from oldest to newest email.

---------------------
Hello, I'm just inquiring if I'll need to get a MAF screen for this for this or have you had good luck metering without a screen installed? I'm using the LS7 MAF to meter my meth injection. Also, any ETA on when this will ship?
FYI, I tried calling and your voicemail is full.
Thank you,
Eric

-------------------
Hello,
I did not receive a response to my inquiry below from Tuesday. Will you please respond today. Thank you
Eric

-----------------
Hello, I'm starting to get a little frustrated. I understand that this part may take up to 4 weeks to get which I am fine with. I'm not frustrated with that time line at all. What I am frustrated with is the lack of communication. All I'm asking is 1) do I need a MAF screen for this intake so I can order one up soon if I need one and 2) Do you have an expected time when the intake may ship so I can put my timeline together for starting the installation of other components. Can you please communicate with me. Thank you.

Eric

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
420 Posts
I buy alot of stuff from BoostDistrict. No issues. Have you tried the FB route?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I buy alot of stuff from BoostDistrict. No issues. Have you tried the FB route?
I have not. I don't use Facebook unless absolutely necessary. It seems like this might be one of those times.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
420 Posts
spoke to the owner and let him know. expect a response very soon.

Reactions: Owen and Eric SS

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
spoke to the owner and let him know. expect a response very soon.
Thank you sir. Like I mentioned, I'm totally cool with having to wait the amount of time it said I might have to wait on the site. I want to stress to everyone that it's not about having to wait on a part. It's aftermarket stuff. I get it. I used to work for a performance shop so I totally understand needing to wait for parts. It's the lack of response to any of my communication attempts that is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Just communicate with me and I'm a happy camper.

Reactions: a6d9cmro

·
Premium Member
15,024 Posts
This is a problem that I have seen over and over.

Buy off a company with a fancy web page and cheap prices that do not list a physical address and when trying to come up with one you can't.

I bet they don't stock one single part or have a warehouse ... just a computer and an answering machine.

Caveat emptor.

I hope they don't play out like you know who.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Buy off a company with a fancy web page and cheap prices that do not list a physical address and when trying to come up with one you can't.

I bet they don't stock one single part or have a warehouse ... just a computer and an answering machine.

Caveat emptor.

Agreed. Unfortunately in this case it wasn't about having the cheapest part. They are literally the only company I found that sells an off the shelf LSA intake with an LS7 card MAF slot short of having one fabricated up locally. I really didn't want to do that (fab one) because I didn't want to have to tow my car down to the fabricator after I install everything and then have it sit and wait to be fabbed up. It would just be a lot easier to install the intake and drive it there for the final tune since the fab shop I would use is where my tuner rents their dyno. I was planning on removing my ECM to have the tuner do a base tune and then reinstalling it to get it to drive down there and be ready for final tune.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Caveat emptor.

I purchased my LSA parts from them and would never do business with them again. I ordered back on December 15th and spoke to Roshan who told me I should see all my parts in early January. That time came and went. I called and was told that things were busy with the holidays and he would be in touch next week. Didn't hear anything so I called the following week and he had yet another excuse, his friend died and he had to arrange the funeral. I told him that I was sorry about his friend but I was also not happy about missing his initial estimate and not receiving any communication. Then he fell back on "the website says it can be up to six weeks" to which I replied if I don't have my parts in six weeks I'm canceling my order.
A little over a week later the supercharger and intake arrived and nothing else. Emailed about when I'd get parts and no response. Friday January 31st bunch of parts showed up, however he had forgotten to put a few things in the box. I called and spoke to him the following Monday and he assured me he would take care of things. Mind you ground shipping from LA to my home is 3 business days. I called and emailed the next week with no response. Finally I had a friend call, it went to voicemail but he got a call back in about 10 minutes... I answered and asked where my parts were. Long awkward pause... tells me I'll see them Thursday. The parts arrive Thursday nearly 2 weeks after recieving the last package. Guess what he forgot the fuel line. To his credit he overnighted me one. All that said I would not do business with him again if you paid me to.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
420 Posts

Caveat emptor.

I don't think this is the case. I spoke to the owner, response is forthcoming...lets see what happens.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
420 Posts
I purchased my LSA parts from them and would never do business with them again. I ordered back on December 15th and spoke to Roshan who told me I should see all my parts in early January. That time came and went. I called and was told that things were busy with the holidays and he would be in touch next week. Didn't hear anything so I called the following week and he had yet another excuse, his friend died and he had to arrange the funeral. I told him that I was sorry about his friend but I was also not happy about missing his initial estimate and not receiving any communication. Then he fell back on "the website says it can be up to six weeks" to which I replied if I don't have my parts in six weeks I'm canceling my order.
A little over a week later the supercharger and intake arrived and nothing else. Emailed about when I'd get parts and no response. Friday January 31st bunch of parts showed up, however he had forgotten to put a few things in the box. I called and spoke to him the following Monday and he assured me he would take care of things. Mind you ground shipping from LA to my home is 3 business days. I called and emailed the next week with no response. Finally I had a friend call, it went to voicemail but he got a call back in about 10 minutes... I answered and asked where my parts were. Long awkward pause... tells me I'll see them Thursday. The parts arrive Thursday nearly 2 weeks after recieving the last package. Guess what he forgot the fuel line. To his credit he overnighted me one. All that said I would not do business with him again if you paid me to.
It's terrible that you had this experience. Mine was exactly the opposite.

Reactions: BCG_SS and Owen

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's terrible that you had this experience. Mine was exactly the opposite.
I don't think Roshan is a crook. I got my parts. I see it a couple possible ways. First he's a fly by night and doesn't care or his business has grown beyond his ability to handle it. Either way I wouldn't refer anyone.
Frankly if I were you I'd go through your parts and make sure you have everything

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think this is the case. I spoke to the owner, response is forthcoming...lets see what happens.
Just an update, he still hasn't reached out to me at all and I think he's had ample time to answer two basic questions since when you spoke to him. I appreciate you reaching out to him but looks like he cast you aside as well.

Reactions: Owen and Red6MT

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I fired off one final email. At this point everything needs to be in writing so I'm not about to try and call:
--------
"I’m going to give this one more shot before I start the dispute procedure with my credit card company. Can you please answer my below questions. I still would like to complete this transaction if you respond timely.

Eric"

-------

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered my kit from them in the middle of November. He said he was about 2 weeks out on shipping. Supercharger and Rotofab CAI showed up just after Christmas. The heat exchanger and most of the supporting parts showed up late January. He was blaming the strike for the delays and then I got the funeral story as well. Ive heard his intake and the "big" heat exchanger always take longer. Facebook Messenger is the best way to get a hold of him. He told me he gets hundreds of messages a day and if he does not answer to call him through the fb messenger app. I was still missing a few bolts which my shop just supplied. He definitely lacks in communication.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having worked for GM Parts for a long time, please note the the strike recently puts us so far behind, several months of parts were on back-order and left sitting in shipping trucks. We did not return to a semi normal level until January and even so we are still seeing parts not avail. I know he uses a few Genuine GM parts in his kits.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Having worked for GM Parts for a long time, please note the the strike recently puts us so far behind, several months of parts were on back-order and left sitting in shipping trucks. We did not return to a semi normal level until January and even so we are still seeing parts not avail. I know he uses a few Genuine GM parts in his kits.
That's understandable, that said the guy has been ignoring people. I could accept that if someone said it. Handing someone 5k and having them duck you is unacceptable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered from Boost District and had a great experience. I added several additional items to the basic kit. It was delivered as promised. Been on my car now for several months and it runs strong. Remember he is a “small business”. He doesn’t have employees and a warehouse full of superchargers just waiting to be shipped. Plus things happen to people. Ordering during holidays just after the GM strike as well. Hard to overcome. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I ordered from Boost District and had a great experience. I added several additional items to the basic kit. It was delivered as promised. Been on my car now for several months and it runs strong. Remember he is a “small business”. He doesn’t have employees and a warehouse full of superchargers just waiting to be shipped. Plus things happen to people. Ordering during holidays just after the GM strike as well. Hard to overcome. Just my 2 cents...
You guys are missing the point that I tried to be pretty clear about above but maybe it got lost in the post. This isn't about the delays (for me). Hell, mine isn't even overdue yet. My point is that they went silent on me after they had my money and it appears that's what is happening with others. Delays happen, I get it. If you communicate the "why" and it is a valid reason then I think most people would understand. If you just chose to ignore repeated attempts to get a status update, that's when people start to get pissed off.

This WHOLE thing could have been avoided if they had just said "hey, thanks for reaching out, you don't need a MAF screen and we're looking at about 3 weeks to get it fabbed up, powder coated, and shipped out." Boom, done. Same with other. "Hey, because of this GM parts delay it's going to take a little longer. I apologize and hope you can understand. Feel free to keep reaching out for updates." Done.

Instead, repeated calls, texts, and emails go ignored. What are customers supposed to think? It all boils down to communication which Boost District lacks. The guy is growing his business and I'm happy for him for that. But don't outgrow yourself before you're ready or it's a surefire way to get bad reviews which only hurts yourself.

I did get an email back after my 4th email and a text to him from another forum member letting him know about this with an update saying it'll be 2 more weeks which I am fine with. That's still in the 4 week window. No biggie. We'll see if it happens.

·
Super Moderator
14,056 Posts
So I re-read your first post of this thread to refresh my memory of the dates you gave in that post.
Yeah, confirmed. Patience is not your strong suit in this deal, Better luck going forward.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts