Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Neither, but that's a nice setup. Always nice to see variations of mods.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anyone else running boost and juice on the SBE? I am only running a 75shot now but my tuner set it up for a 100shot.
What is the setup on the Procharger? P1 or D1? What size pulley? How many lbs of boost? Headers? Dyno? Going to be installing my P1x any day now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What is the setup on the Procharger? P1 or D1? What size pulley? How many lbs of boost? Headers? Dyno? Going to be installing my P1x any day now.

Now at 11.7psi, 3.70 upper pulley and stock lower, D1/80lb/850cc injectors, Stainless Works 1 7/8 headers 3" with x-pipe to factory muffs. Haven't been back on the Dyno since the first S/C tune. 625whp/550ftlb @9.7psi.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Now at 11.7psi, 3.70 upper pulley and stock lower, D1/80lb/850cc injectors, Stainless Works 1 7/8 headers 3" with x-pipe to factory muffs. Haven't been back on the Dyno since the first S/C tune. 625whp/550ftlb @9.7psi.
Nice!! When you first had it tuned to make the 625whp/550ftlb @9.7psi, do you know what pulley size that was? And/or do you know what the stock pulley size that came with your D1?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Great to see. I am completing a very similar set up. We will be able to compare soon. So far I have tuned almost the same numbers 625 wheel on a mustang and 745 with a 75 shot. Now things are changed to a larger lower pulley about 1/2” over pchgr stock. Fighting a vacuum leak Fast manifold hitting top of ARP head bolts. More to come soon. I would like to talk to you more as things develop.

·
Supporting Vendor
591 Posts
It's nice to always have an extra 75-100HP on tap

·
Registered
303 Posts
ok, stupid question. what does the nitrous do in this setup? cool the intake charge?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Great to see. I am completing a very similar set up. We will be able to compare soon. So far I have tuned almost the same numbers 625 wheel on a mustang and 745 with a 75 shot. Now things are changed to a larger lower pulley about 1/2” over pchgr stock. Fighting a vacuum leak Fast manifold hitting top of ARP head bolts. More to come soon. I would like to talk to you more as things develop.
I found with the Fast, as well as the MSD, I had to retorque a 3 or 4 times. There's debate over if the bolts are backing out, or if its the seals compressing. I ran the Fast 90 with ARP head bolts and didn't have interference problems, so that's a new one. Is it possibly the valley cover bolts? They used to give you a low profile bolts with the intake.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice!! When you first had it tuned to make the 625whp/550ftlb @9.7psi, do you know what pulley size that was? And/or do you know what the stock pulley size that came with your D1?
Just put my D1SC on set at 9lbs. Procharger pulley is #425. Stock crank pulley looks to be around 8" diameter. I got the 3 core intercooler and quiet gears. We installed 72lb FIC injectors. Can't tell it is on the car until you nail it. I have stock cam and Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers with hi flo cats and stock muffs on a 2015.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just put my D1SC on set at 9lbs. Procharger pulley is #425. Stock crank pulley looks to be around 8" diameter. I got the 3 core intercooler and quiet gears. We installed 72lb FIC injectors. Can't tell it is on the car until you nail it. I have stock cam and Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers with hi flo cats and stock muffs on a 2015.
Hey thanks for this info! Wait, so you are making 9psi on your D1SC with a 4.25" pulley? And you are on the stock crank pulley (harmonic balancer)? Do you have an auto or manual?

What did your car dyno at? My 2016 has ARH 1 7/8" LT headers, no cats. Will be adding my P1x, 3 core, 72lb FIC injectors. Headunit was specd with a 3.7" pulley by mistake so I have been trying to figure how much psi I will make. (stock pulley is 3.9" and makes 8psi on a bone stock car).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts