Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blue Angels flew over DFW, Houston, and San Antonio today as part of Operation America Strong to recognize healthcare workers, first responders, and other essential personnel on the frontline of the pandemic.
There's only a gazillion close up shots of them in formation, so what can one do to try to have something different?

General Sam Houston points the way:

Here's the Angels chasing some birds:

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
In Baton Rouge we had 2 B-52's and 2 F-15's fly over. A semi rolled up same time
they flew straight over. Had door open so I could hear them coming, all the sudden
I realized that wasn't just a truck pulling up. Feel the Thunder!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Made "stuff" for that Navy Jet while employed in SoCal from 2008-2011. Pilots very appreciative of the Tech and saluted entire workforce while on Podium at Summer Picnics on Campus.

Thunderbirds buzzed my dorm next to runway at Kessler AFB 40-years ago in Biloxi. Airshows and Flybys are awesome especially with that Air Force F-22 Raptor!

Thanks for sharing @iratollah!

·
Registered
632 Posts
was there any fly over on VE day in the states
and if so do they use these aircrafts or something else .
The Blue Angles currently fly F/A-18 Hornets. The Blue Angles planes are modified for the shows so they aren't for combat use (smoke tanks, no missiles). They do demonstrations and air show events (or similar). They are expected to transition to the Super Hornet next year.

The F/A-18 is used for most of the planes you see being launched off US aircraft carriers (US and EU). Plenty of videos out there if you want to check out all the different variation of the 18.

IIRC, you are in Australia; the Australian Air Force uses them also. If you ever get to see them (or the Aus equivalent) perform, it's pretty awesome. Truth be told, ANY good size air show is generally pretty fun.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The Blue Angles currently fly F/A-18 Hornets. The Blue Angles planes are modified for the shows so they aren't for combat use (smoke tanks, no missiles). They do demonstrations and air show events (or similar). They are expected to transition to the Super Hornet next year.

The F/A-18 is used for most of the planes you see being launched off US aircraft carriers (US and EU). Plenty of videos out there if you want to check out all the different variation of the 18.

IIRC, you are in Australia; the Australian Air Force uses them also. If you ever get to see them (or the Aus equivalent) perform, it's pretty awesome. Truth be told, ANY good size air show is generally pretty fun.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Aussies selling their early Hornets to Canada and private outfit. Upgrading to F-35 and will keep Super Hornets. Not sure how many Growlers they have. Left Program in October 2011...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts