Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to the forum. I recently purchased a 2017 Chevy ss. And I’m having some issues with the blind spot.
For example if theirs a car on my left side it will alert me that’s it’s on my right side. Or is theirs a car on my right side it will alert me that it’s on my left side.
Has anyone experienced this?

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Cars dyslexic?
And welcome!

·
Registered
106 Posts
We’re going to need a little more info to help you diagnose. I see you just joined. Tell us more about you’re baby thats not doing well.

Reactions: ESindon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We’re going to need a little more info to help you diagnose. I see you just joined. Tell us more about you’re baby thats not doing well.

Well the sensors alert me on the opposite side. If I have a car to my left it will alert me on my right mirror. Same goes for the other side

·
Super Moderator
3,574 Posts
Welcome to the SS Forums @jmarcial77 !!

I see that @tlash has already taken the liberty with the Got a problem! Want help post!! Start there with as much information about the car as you can provide!!

Was this purchase a Salvage Title??? A Flood car??? Does it have any hits on the CarFax for previous insurance damage claims???? Recalls outstanding???

And so forth, and so on!!!

Good Luck!!

ES

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the SS Forums @jmarcial77 !!

I see that @tlash has already taken the liberty with the Got a problem! Want help post!! Start there with as much information about the car as you can provide!!

Was this purchase a Salvage Title??? A Flood car??? Does it have any hits on the CarFax for previous insurance damage claims???? Recalls outstanding???

And so forth, and so on!!!

Good Luck!!

ES
It is a clean tittle. Has a previous minor accident in the car fax in the rear. And no recalls on it as far as I know. I’ve only owned the car for 2 days.

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
Sure sounds like the rear harness is reversed. Not sure how they'd be able to do that but sure seems to be.

·
Registered
RotoFab & LMS 93 aggressive + tune|resonator delete|275/35 square set up
222 Posts
I’ll take a look. I had the whole bumper off last night and checked for any wires that may have been crossed. I’ll check again. Thank you
Here is what happened: when the car was hit the harness connector on one or both sides got cracked and needed to be replaced as part of the repair, my money is on the driver side large connector. When the repairing tech consulted the wiring diagram to ensure proper pin out of the connector he probably did what the diagram showed. And yet, the wires are reversed, and hence, you get reversed blind spot warnings.

As it turns out, the Holden wiring diagram is actually incorrect, so, if followed properly you get the reversed warnings. There’s a joke somewhere in there about the Southern hempishere and toilets flushing opposite but I’m too tired to make it. In reality, they list driver’s and passenger sides instead of the more precise left/right but those are opposite of ours because they are right hand drive down under 😂😂😂🤪🤪🤪

Ask me how I know all of this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is what happened: when the car was hit the harness connector on one or both sides got cracked and needed to be replaced as part of the repair, my money is on the driver side large connector. When the repairing tech consulted the wiring diagram to ensure proper pin out of the connector he probably did what the diagram showed. And yet, the wires are reversed, and hence, you get reversed blind spot warnings.

As it turns out, the Holden wiring diagram is actually incorrect, so, if followed properly you get the reversed warnings. There’s a joke somewhere in there about the Southern hempishere and toilets flushing opposite but I’m too tired to make it. In reality, they list driver’s and passenger sides instead of the more precise left/right but those are opposite of ours because they are right hand drive down under 😂😂😂🤪🤪🤪

Ask me how I know all of this.

View attachment 289917
I’m pretty sure that’s what happened 😂. Would you by any chance have the correct diagram? I’ve been driving myself crazy looking online.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I’m pretty sure that’s what happened 😂. Would you by any chance have the correct diagram? I’ve been driving myself crazy looking online.
Sorry, my dealer body shop did all of the work, I don’t have the schematics in question.

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
Browse through the wiring diagrams. One in Post #6 titled Warning Systems might have the info you need.
Link: SS Wiring Diagrams

ETA: Well that wasn't the one, but maybe it's there somewhere if you have the time to look.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think it’s on the parking and lane keep assist diagram. Diagram lists mirrors as driver/passenger, which is where things went, ahem, South. 😂

1 - 19 of 19 Posts