Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts
perhaps the ethics talked about by CB was Livernois telling us there may be nothing wrong with using a refurb LSA but that they don't recommend merely because of the warranty issue...

I find it ethical that a company might point out the lowest cost option even when they don't offer it and tell you why they don't as well as their own offerings...

Bill
And that's what we are trying to convey. We have tuned them with LSA's, worked on them with LSA's, and even done installs with brand new LSA's, but when you're doing all brand new, and using parts designed for the car (Like using magnusons or whipple's accessory kit with the LSA) it gets pricey. Enough so that we feel a Whipple would be better suited for a few dollars more.

We just don't want people to think we are against them. They work, it's a good blower, but it's too big of a gamble for us so we have to take a different path to ensure people are happy for life. We also want people to be educated on what they are buying. Some people realize that these are the recall blowers, and that they (hopefully) have been rebuilt. Some people have no clue that these are blowers that GM recalled floating around and may not be A1 grade. All we can do is educate people and let them take that knowledge to make their choices.

What do you like better about the design of the LSA vs a TVS2300 heartbeat?

Don't both use the same gen eaton rotor pack, the LSA a TVS1900 and the heartbeat a TVS2300? The TVS2300 has greater compressor capacity and the heartbeat blower packages superior intercooling vs the LSA via a separate exchanger for each bank of cylinders that the charged air must pass through while the LSA has a single brick exchanger in the top of the lid where the air charge is thrown against, but does not have to pass through to get to the cylinders. With the heartbeat intercooler design, even when in vacuum the intake air goes through the intercooler.

TVS2300 Heartbeat

LSA

Perhaps you should re-read my statement. Did I mention the heartbeat VS the LSA? Or the older TVS blower? :serious

Perhaps you should re-read my statement. Did I mention the heartbeat VS the LSA? Or the older TVS blower? :serious
I re-read it. The LSA is a TVS1900 blower and the heartbeat is a TVS2300. You didn't mention anything about the generations of rotor packs. You preferred the LSA, why? I can think of at least 1 reason, the LSA is a GM factory part, so availability of parts in the future should be superior to the others.

I re-read it. The LSA is a TVS1900 blower and the heartbeat is a TVS2300. You didn't mention anything about the generations of rotor packs. You preferred the LSA, why? I can think of at least 1 reason, the LSA is a GM factory part, so availability of parts in the future should be superior to the others.
Runner length. Do your research. Try Google.

Runner length. Do your research. Try Google.
This isn't my research, you expressed a preference without a reason. Your reason is runner length, OK. Air flow paths for the LSA look worse than some other blowers as the all the air comes out of the compressor and is thrown into a square object in the lid, then finds its way to the 8 cylinders. Looks can be deceiving for compressible fluid dynamics, so feel free to post test results if you have seen them. I tend to doubt that the differences in runner lengths between the blower is as significant as compressor size/efficiency and intercooling. Happy to see evidence of the contrary if you have it.

A whipple looks really good in that regard as the air path post discharge is straight and forced through a large exchanger. I would have went Whipple but prioritized lower noise of the front driven more efficient TVS2300 rotor pack.

Not worth my time. Carry on...

I prefer little to no runners between the blower and cylinder heads. If the entire intake manifold under the blower is pressurized, the air will find it's way to the intake ports on the cylinder heads just fine. Air doesn't need "guidance" in this case. An intake valve opens and the pressurized air goes that way. Plain and simple. As a matter of fact, "runners" are a source of restriction once you up the airflow a little.

Reactions: LiquidR3D
As stated, carry on.

And yet another thread crashes and burns. :shrug:

[emoji897]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: RRWorker96 and 2074

What? Because I don't have any time to waste? I'm not going to sit here and argue. It is what it is. What do I know anyway...

At a minimum I would replace valve springs and rocker reunion bushings as they are a weak link in ls3 heads before doing a supercharger installation
You do realize that none of the pd superchargers discussed covers or impedes access to the valve covers under which those parts live? You can change those parts before or after the supercharger install if you wanted to and the supercharger does not have to be disturbed.

You are conflating unrelated issues. 1. Superchargers put more stress on the drivetrain 2. valve springs and trunion bushings can fail. Both are true, but yet not related to each other.

High valvetrain speeds and more lift from an aftermarket cam stress those parts, so in a supercharged application where there is 50% more torque at low RPM, they are likely less stressed than in a naturally aspirated application where you need to rev it out to find the power.

As stated, carry on.
So, I have your permission to post again. Thanks! It's not worth your time, yet you keep posting. The brevity of your last few posts is certainly appreciated though :cheers:

Even with all the sniping, I'm always impressed with the knowledge these discussions bring!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.