Chevy SS Forum banner

3121 - 3124 of 3124 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
So I'm in my driveway doing a little detailing on my car when the mailwoman (is that sexist) comes up the driveway.
She's delivering the wife's nearly daily QVC package...but I digress.
She asks what kind of car is that it's really sharp. I give a short Chevy SS made by GM in Australia. She says she never saw one before I say it has a Corvette engine she says WOW.
Just another average day in the life of an SS owner :)

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
At the doctor this morning just about every woman in the office commented positively on my beard braid. Then....
...in store parking lot a couple may have been staring at my car, couldn't tell for sure. Leaving the store the woman follows me out called out to me, "Sir, is that your white car?"

Odd couple, complete role reversal. Dude about 6'5" with neck tattoo told me how much he liked my beard. The woman had a gazillion questions about my car. "It's an import, isn't it? Ha, I knew it!" "Sounded great, what's it got?" And the usual littany of questions most of us are happy to answer. The man just stood there looking a bit lost, he didn't know much about cars but was impressed.
The woman looked like she was ready to go for a ride but I don't think her boyfriend would have appreciated me offering to take her for a spin.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have owned my 16 ss for a week now and I think I have explained what it is at least a dozen times. As a car guy I love talking about my car or cars in general. However the complete confusion by some has been a little frustrating. We went to breakfast this morning in it and I was looking out the window at the ss and the car parking next to it. A 60s something man gets out and walks around my car a few times really checking it out but not too close. He was being very respectful and didn’t even know I was watching. So I gave it a remote start in sport and he kinda jumped back! I love the way it sounds! He came inside and looked around a little. I stopped and talked with him on the way out. He had no clue what it was but was a fan. He started talking about his classic car. I think this car will lead to lots of new fun conversations.

3121 - 3124 of 3124 Posts