Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love pizza .. once or twice a month and when traveling for sure …
I seem to remember Philadelphia as having pretty decent pizza .. but .. that was long ago …
I also hear Iowa is good for Asian pizza, but I don't get that …

What is the best pizza in your town/city ?
what makes it the best ?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I love pizza .. once or twice a month and when traveling for sure …
I seem to remember Philadelphia as having pretty decent pizza .. but .. that was long ago …
I also hear Iowa is good for Asian pizza, but I don't get that …

What is the best pizza in your town/city ?
what makes it the best ?

3AM? Lorenzo's on south street in Philadelphia. 4 slices fit in a large pizza box with some folding over. Never had it sober, but it's always awesome!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Wildwood, NJ

Sam's

Best sauce, best crust in Wildwood hands down

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Your Image Finally Revealed!!

I figured this might be you after all!! Didn't know you were famous!!!

Hope you can get help with your eating disorders!!!

As far as the BEST PIZZA IN NORTH AMERICA is concerned,,, it is Di Fara Pizza. in Brooklyn, NY,, and has been rated the very best for many years running!! I grew up in that neighborhood, eating a steady diet of Doms finest cuisine! Hurry cuz the chef (Domenico) is older than dirt and may not be around much longer!!! When he goes,,, its over,,, he still throws every single pie himself,,, and he is like Gene Winfield,,,, still working in his 90's, at his Pizzeria!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Di_Fara_Pizza

:eek

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
As far as the BEST PIZZA IN NORTH AMERICA is concerned,,, it is Di Fara Pizza. in Brooklyn, NY,, and has been rated the very best for many years running!! I grew up in that neighborhood, eating a steady diet of Doms finest cuisine! Hurry cuz the chef (Domenico) is older than dirt and may not be around much longer!!! When he goes,,, its over,,, he still throws every single pie himself,,, and he is like Gene Winfield,,,, still working in his 90's, at his Pizzeria!!

Obviously, nobody is going to mention a joint in Los Angeles. I like John's on Bleeker in NYC.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured this might be you after all!! Didn't know you were famous!!!

Hope you can get help with your eating disorders!!!

ttps://youtu.be/9cgNah3hJ-o

ignoring …

·
Registered
304 Posts
In pittsburgh a friend of mine puts together a “pizza power tour”. We meet up in a parking lot. Get pizza and all have 1-2 slices then get in our cars and drive to another parking lot and get more pizza. 4-5 stops then ice cream at the end. Most good some great. Some horrible. Started with about 20 people and last year had near 200 id bet.

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Depending on what kind of pizza we are hungry for, we have "Klavons" in Jackson Mi. for pizza and wings. Both are awesome, and just a short drive. If we want Chicago style, a short drive to Dundee Mi to "Rivers Edge Pizza Pub & Grill".

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
In Chicago it’s Giordanos or Lou Malnatti’s

·
Registered
281 Posts
I ate at Lombardi's in NYC once, thought it was excellent. The coal-fired adds a nice taste.

For NJ, Manco & Manco on the OCNJ boardwalk was pretty good except for the $$$.

Around me nothing stands out except for a joint near me which makes a fabulous white pie.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
East Coast Slices

Key ingredient to NYC, NJ, and Philly area great Pizza is the Water!
That includes great bagels and bread/rolls that makes Philly area Cheesesteaks the best in the country. Some contestants of Pizza Competitions in Vegas bring barrels of NYC water for their award winning pies.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Brooklyn Square in Jackson NJ. The upside down pizza is fantastic. Voted best in NJ 2 years back. Have done Manco & Manco's and Lorenzo's too (and Giordano's and Lou's in Chicago, though I know Pequod's gets the nod from a lot of folks I know out there). John's of Times Square is good for a tourist trap spot in NYC.

https://www.twodopesfromjersey.com/post/brooklyn-square-in-jackson-nj

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Key ingredient to NYC, NJ, and Philly area great Pizza is the Water!
That includes great bagels and bread/rolls that makes Philly area Cheesesteaks the best in the country. Some contestants of Pizza Competitions in Vegas bring barrels of NYC water for their award winning pies.
I keep hearing this .. some pizza makers ship the water for their pizzas …
makes one wonder what is in the water …

·
Registered
2,606 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
The Aisian pizza you are talking about in Iowa is probably Fong's pizza they are pretty popular.

While I dont care for it they are busy constantly. I would rather have traditional style, and we have numerous ones.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
We are very fortunate to have a Chicago Style pizza place in Monterey called Heirloom Pizza. Its a treat and as real as it gets without jumping on a plane.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts