Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering doing an axle back exhaust mod.
I want something that sounds loud when I jump on it but not so obnoxious at low RPMs to not piss of my neighbors. Suggestions
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
13,789 Posts
Been done....multiple threads in this very section.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
World of choices, try surfing utube...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Considering doing an axle back exhaust mod.
I want something that sounds loud when I jump on it but not so obnoxious at low RPMs to not piss of my neighbors. Suggestions
Thanks in advance.
Having the factory mid muffler removed does wonders for the OEM exhaust sound without any droning issues. I ran that way for almost 5 yrs before just recently throwing Borla S type axle backs on. Honestly, the factory exhaust with no mid muffler may sound somewhat better at WOT. Just an idea, and it only costs about $125-150 at any decent muffler shop.

Reactions: willy92 and SGF14

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I love my Borla Touring cat-back......

The Borla Sport system would be louder.

KW

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hate to bust anyone’s bubble when it comes to finding a new set of Borla Touring exhaust but unless you’re lucky to find one sitting in a warehouse somewhere across the country, Borla makes them in batches of 10 or more which means a group order totaling close to 10k before they‘ll begin. I‘ve searched high and low a year ago, called Borla and several other SS suppliers on his forum and got the same answer. Went with the Borla Sport on my M6 and to me it isn’t any louder than the stock exhaust was. Put a set on my A6 and they were a lot louder than the M6 so I ended up putting the stock exhaust back on for now. Good luck in your quest and please let us know if you find a new set of Borla Touring as I would love to find a new set. I bet @KWBaraka probably has had his for 3+ years when Borla was cranking out based on demand.

Reactions: KWBaraka

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I went with the Solo and am pleased. It’s not too loud when going through my neighborhood but sounds great on startup and when I get on it.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
655 Posts
So I went with the Solo and am pleased. It’s not too loud when going through my neighborhood but sounds great on startup and when I get on it.
It sounds even better with an X-pipe and secondary cats removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: wilkin4
1 - 10 of 10 Posts