Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, it’s been a while. Moved on to an ATS-V in February, and my my son has the SS. Someone posed the question on the FB group if they didn’t have the V what would they have. Several said the SS. One even said a Maloo! Interesting to see many on the SS forum when posed the same question said they’d get the V, and vice-versa.

As a side note, must admit I miss the growl.... start up un the V lacks that visceral sound.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I think I might be saving for an ATS-V right now.... Not sure at this time ;)

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I can't believe the tanking prices of ATS-V models. ~$30-35k will buy you a sub 20k mile ATS-V here. It is insane. A 2016 with 16k was just sent to me for $32k.

Great car, but I'm still thinking to pick up a used V3 before the values hold. I could use more space haha.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
I can't believe the tanking prices of ATS-V models. ~$30-35k will buy you a sub 20k mile ATS-V here. It is insane. A 2016 with 16k was just sent to me for $32k.

Great car, but I'm still thinking to pick up a used V3 before the values hold. I could use more space haha.

after driving both, V2s and V3s, the on-da-street difference I feel, is slight .. but .. racing and top speed not considered !!!

depreciation is huge, some 25 to 35% on initial two years, on some models .. even more when cost of gas goes up ...

slows down after that …

but, since is NOT an investment, I do NOT care .. well .. I actually like it ...

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Well, I appreciate the V2 having the manual, but the interior [unless a wagon factor is at play] wasn't all that appealing compared to the ATS-V or V3. But it was an older interior anyway.

Pretty big difference to me between a V2 and V3 otherwise. Especially at speed. Both are very stable, but the V3 is far more of a luxury bruiser. Given the time span, i think it was a natural progression.

I just felt a bit cramped up front in an ATS vs the SS.

I'd have to go coupe for an ATS-V, the sedans back seat is entirely too useless for other adults and I am 6'3" - leaning over or slouching in the back seat is not appealing for any adult.

I do wish I had a wagon though, still a little salty after that ordeal I dealt with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts