Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to give a shout out to @RDP Store for the fast shipping of the ARH long tube system, wires and boots and @LivernoisMotorsports for the updated 93 octane tune! Had my headers installed at a shop cause I was not going to do this on my back. Only slight snag in the install was that the x-pipe was installed the wrong way and the exhaust wasn't tucked away in the tunnel and I was not able to get my granatelli brace on. Went back and we switched it and now the brace fits but I did have to use the spacers that came with the headers.

The car now moves that way it should've done from the factory! I did the 1-7/8 longtubes, high flow cats and mid-pipe system. Also added taylor wires with the DEI protectant boots. Driving around town and on the highway she sounds just like stock. Once you hit WOT above 3k...then all that evil is unleashed!! I was debating on getting the ARH axlebacks but I love the way she sounds now!! I will get a sound clip later. FYI...I got caught in the torrential down pour earlier today and when that rain hit that hot exhaust it sounds like a pipe is off the car!! Once it is dry you are good to go. Just a forewarning for you guys. Here are a few cell phone pics. Enjoy:grin

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ziptie that harness away from the header. The clips that hold it to the body are weak.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ziptie that harness away from the header. The clips that hold it to the body are weak.

Good eye sir. Complete. Looks like it took some off but the wire is still fine.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Those covers look great! Bet it's a lot harder to sneak the car out at night after putting the headers on.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those covers look great! Bet it's a lot harder to sneak the car out at night after putting the headers on.
Lol, it's actually not too bad. Cold startup is louder though.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Good eye sir. Complete. Looks like it took some off but the wire is still fine.
There's a black plastic spacer between the wiring harness and body sheet metal in both of those pictures. Is there any reason not to remove it so that you can get the wiring harness even farther away? It pretty much just pops out.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a black plastic spacer between the wiring harness and body sheet metal in both of those pictures. Is there any reason not to remove it so that you can get the wiring harness even farther away? It pretty much just pops out.
Do you guys have that plastic piece? Want to make sure I know what it is for before I actually remove it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not really sure what the plastic piece is. You get plenty of clearance once its ziptied away so I would just leave it.

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,401 Posts
Nice set-up! I ordered the same ARH configuration and Roto-Fab CAI, so this thread and photos are helpful. I have a different Catch Can (still in the box), and I still need the wire insulators.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice set-up! I ordered the same ARH configuration and Roto-Fab CAI, so this thread and photos are helpful. I have a different Catch Can (still in the box), and I still need the wire insulators.
Make sure you tuck that exhaust up there good. Started the car this morning and I hear a slight rattling and I can see it touching the brace. Gonna put it back on a lift and get this resolved.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Might want to just consider taking off the brace or buying a notched one. It always hits with a 3".

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I'm already thinking of a few ways to get around that. I have a BMR brace which is larger than most. Having it 'notched' out or having an exhaust shop to apply a slight bend in the pipe section(s); seems doable. I would rather pay the price for a mod, than losing the brace.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm already thinking of a few ways to get around that. I have a BMR brace which is larger than most. Having it 'notched' out or having an exhaust shop to apply a slight bend in the pipe section(s); seems doable. I would rather pay the price for a mod, than losing the brace.
Have a pic of the bmr brace? I am going to remove mine for now.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Have a pic of the bmr brace? I am going to remove mine for now.

I have a photo somewhere with the brace installed, so I'll post it once I find it. This was the one time where I used my real camera vs. the iPhone.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea the brace was ever so close. Will have to figure something out so I can put it back on. Trying not to cut the piping but keeping options open.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
If you're worried about the harness, you can find some high temp heat shielding material from a place like Jegs, and wrap it around for additional insurance to go with the zip tie. I did this years ago on the T/A for a wire loom that runs down the inner fender.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts