Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need all front end parts for my fire roasted SS…
Are these available anywhere: Part Number: 92286398 front lower grill. Many listings copied from GMs catalog, but one lists as “discontinued no longer available“.

Any ideas appreciated on this or other parts. So far only headlights on the way.
Car now washed…no one will challenge me now with evidence of heat damage from a top speed run like this.
Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
439 Posts
JHP sells a conversion kit for the SS: SSV. I don't know if they ship that or not. You could look at Ebay Australia or other sites there to maybe find something.

There's also a junkyard in one of the Facebook groups that is constantly advertising parts for sale. Maybe they would have something.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JHP sells a conversion kit for the SS: SSV. I don't know if they ship that or not. You could look at Ebay Australia or other sites there to maybe find something.

There's also a junkyard in one of the Facebook groups that is constantly advertising parts for sale. Maybe they would have something.

That Aussie kit is expensive and their parts listing does not include the two grills ..that seems strange, just the grill surrounds.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just bought a new front lower grill from gmpartsdirect one month ago. $160 before shipping.

But it looks like there are others out there;

Mine got dinged by a rock or something, but the real reason I'm changing is bc I can't stand the front plate :mad:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I just bought a new front lower grill from gmpartsdirect one month ago. $160 before shipping.

But it looks like there are others out there;

Mine got dinged by a rock or something, but the real reason I'm changing is bc I can't stand the front plate :mad:
I will give them a try…I fear I will get “discontinued not available“ from them..
Order placed ..I will let you guys know.

GM parts direct shows this:
Phantom Black Front Lower Grille
Part Number: 92286398
Other Names: Lower Grille
Description: 2016-17. Helps protect radiator from debris\ \ Allows air flow to the engine compartment\ \ This GM Genuine Part is designed,... More Info
DISCONTINUED

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
I have one with a license plate mount on it. In Michigan. Shipping is not super friendly on these.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
That’s a hard “pass”! 😉
No worries. One of my new spares went with the car i just sold. Keeping one for my other SS until that's gone.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I searched the scrappers and I found a used grill in Calif for $300 plus shipping. I passed on that, but now I have received offers from 2 scammers using his picture to sell me a grill for $500+
I do have a grill on the way from a fellow enthusiast. Thanks to him and all who offered help and encouragement. It’s a tough time with the demise of Holden, COVID, the supply chain issue, and of course…..
PUTIN!😉

·
Super Moderator
8,671 Posts
Spares?..you guys have spares? No wonder I’m left out to dry!……
Please tell me you are not being serious here!
I have to tell you that?….
OK, you said ”please” so: I am not being serious here.
I only wish I had a spare lower grille. And of course a windshield cowl(s, 2 piece). So far I've some spare wear parts, i.e. Steering wheel, MRC dial, driver's seat bottom cover, driver's seat back cover, rear magride shocks, headlamps., rear lower valance. Also still have the factory shifter, factory air intake, factory exhaust, factory engine cover, factory floor mats, cam, plugs, wires etc. etc. Want list includes the cowl as well as an OEM windscreen.
Oh, and I also have an extra pedal 😁

Reactions: Taze and ESindon

·
Registered
213 Posts
That Aussie kit is expensive and their parts listing does not include the two grills ..that seems strange, just the grill surrounds.
I looked real quick. It seems that all Chevy dealers are selling them. You can't find it?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I looked real quick. It seems that all Chevy dealers are selling them. You can't find it?
They are all linked to the same GM catalog…you order it and two days later you get this:
”part discontinued, not available“. then maybe 4 days later a refund.

And they all have big DISCOUNTS on the parts but their shipping is WAY over actual cost ($70 and up) that you pretty much pay them back for that discount

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
Yep, it's after purchase customer care that's filling up my spare bedroom. That pile is mostly OEM. Once they pulled the Cowl grill, I went to stocking for a rainy day. For those planning on long, looonngg term ownership. I present plan B...! In any event I would accept Blemish if it keeps Pearl on the road. These trim pieces are popping up down under. Mostly VI, hope to see VII start popping up.

Shipping box Packing materials Wood Package delivery Packaging and labeling

They are all linked to the same GM catalog…you order it and two days later you get this:
”part discontinued, not available“. then maybe 4 days later a refund.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts