Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For now, I think the COVID19 pandemic has lessened the frequency of car meets/cars and coffee. I know the Holden Autobahn event was cancelled in my area. What are y’all seeing in your areas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Armin:

Keep us posted about meets in DMV area this summer. Daughter home early from MIT...her summer camp in MD might get postponed. My NYC networks tonight saying the price of Fresh Lobster down to $5 because shipments to China curtailed. Looking forward to Cars and Crab Cakes this summer instead of rice and beans...lol

How did your repaint turnout?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Haven’t heard of any car meets being cancelled in au yet.
Government have banned organised gatherings with 500 outside & 100 inside,
For me a car meet is a lot of very small groups (5~8) in a large area where social distancing is easy instead of a sports/music event with lots of people in a small area pushing for prime position.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Armin:

Keep us posted about meets in DMV area this summer. Daughter home early from MIT...her summer camp in MD might get postponed. My NYC networks tonight saying the price of Fresh Lobster down to $5 because shipments to China curtailed. Looking forward to Cars and Crab Cakes this summer instead of rice and beans...lol

How did your repaint turnout?

Repaint turned out fantastic, very happy with the results!

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Local cars and coffees are cancelled here.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
I can’t imagine many promoters will be going forward with events scheduled over the next month or so.

Heck, in NYS many of the DMV’s are limited hours or closed. Even the on line custom plate ordering system is shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
519 Posts
State dmv‘s are open by appointment in ny, title, ticketing, driver improvement are shut down since deemed non essential. County run dmv do their own thing as per their county. wife and i are deemed essential for what we do in our departments (dmv and dot) so both of us are still working with our son home from school for 2 weeks as of now. nj and ct dmv’s closed
most car shows around here are for benefit for person or cause not just a cars and coffie so hopefully things get better and when the spring/summer weather comes up here in the northeast all are able to attend. First one we signed up for a sawyer chevy in catskill is may 10th.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts
Well this leaves me speechless.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For now, I think the COVID19 pandemic has lessened the frequency of car meets/cars and coffee. I know the Holden Autobahn event was cancelled in my area. What are y’all seeing in your areas?

I think I know who owns that silver SS ;)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
A lot of the local events are in the can. The big Holden event down south, all of the local cars & coffee types are done for the foreseeable future.

We will see what the future brings.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Wichita now locked down with exceptions. I really do understand why, but really disappointed cars/coffee not happening. I had been looking forward to it all winter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts