Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
How about just buying a whole car with the same power and displacement for the same money? CTS-V comes to mind....

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
How about just buying a whole car with the same power and displacement for the same money? CTS-V comes to mind....
It wouldn't sound the same though!
SHEESH!!! Wheres the fun in just buying something!!! AND a CTS-V,,, HMMMM about 4K lbs,,, Miata,,,, about,,, what,,, 2600,,, with an LS3??? The Lambo motor wont weigh all that much differently anyway!!

You want the FUN factor we Miata folks are so in love with!!!! The baddest MFr's at the recent Miata Reunion,,, were LS3 swapped cars, and one with a Big Block FORD!!!! One LS3 car broke the Sports Car lap record at Laguna Seca this year at a 1:35:10 lap!!! You cant beat the total custom ability, aftermarket support, and the power to weight ratio!! Its why its the MOST SUCCESSFUL sports car in the history of the planet!!!

😎

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I'll just drop this here . . .
That thing and its brother/sister cars,,, were freakin amazing!!! I couldn't get a ride cuz I didn't buy any parts from them or Goodwin during the show, but most of the passengers that did, described the lap runs as akin to a life altering experience!!! (Which I hear nearly everytime, I have any passengers in my SS too!!!).

o_O

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I don't care what motor you are talking about, its still a miata.
The production car lap record at Laguna Seca,,,, one of the most difficult tracks in North America (CORKSCREW ANYONE!!), is 1:28:30 !! That was a Porsche GT2 RS!!!! A car that cost upwards of $140K!!!

For less than half of that investment,,, an LS3 equipped Miata, including all of the suspension mods and so forth,,, went around the track in 1:35:10!!! Not a "Production" car class, but believe me,,, the Porsche, and Exotic guys out there were pretty gobsmacked when he made that 2 lap run!!!

You may have some unresolved issues with Miatas,,, but I assure you,,,, THEY ARE AWESOME CARS!!! Perhaps some therapy would be helpful!!!!

🤔

PS! Edit! My bad! Our Buddy Randy Pobst, bested that Porsche GT2 time, a bit earlier this summer in the McClaren Senna, production spec car (Yeah Right! Like a hundred cars??) at 1:27:62!! I stand self corrected,,, and HUMBLED by Randys uncanny abilities!!!

😎

·
Super Moderator
5,475 Posts
So I can get an engine with about 8HP less than mine for 31K or a model of an old Lamborghini that costs much more than my engine work did? I'm good.
As for the Miata, not in my home, not in my lifetime. I did notice that the Flyin' Miata R & T test report listed a top speed of 197mph on tires rated at 168mph. Perhaps more "divine wind" from the east.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
So I can get an engine with about 8HP less than mine for 31K or a model of an old Lamborghini that costs much more than my engine work did? I'm good.
As for the Miata, not in my home, not in my lifetime. I did notice that the Flyin' Miata R & T test report listed a top speed of 197mph on tires rated at 168mph. Perhaps more "divine wind" from the east.
Hey Jonathan!!

Are we having FUN yet???? I find it amazing,,, the way we humans can so efficiently find ways to dispose of,,, disposable income!!!

😂

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I don't care what motor you are talking about, its still a miata.
I take it you do not care for running a car on a road course then. If you did, and assuming you could set your preconceptions aside, you'd be blown away. There is a reason they are so popular, and it's not because everyone who loves driving them intended to like the "little chick cars" in the first place. You have to drive one in its natural element before you rag on them.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Are the rumors true about a special anniversary paint scheme for the Miata?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts