Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have been looking for an SS for a long time and just bought this car and am waiting on delivery. Out of excitement, I just started resaerching the car more and the dealer and found some not-so-great reviews about the dealership, and just wanted to see if anyone may know of anything I need to look for on it. I understand it is a long shot, but thanks in advance! The car was originally from North Carloina, made its way to GA and finally to Orlando Florida.

VIN: 6G3F15RW7GL219867

Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Tires not oem
black bowtie
black ss (white oem peeled off to expose)

several low milage red 2017 i have found lately for sale, if feels good finish the deal if not others are out there

·
Super Moderator
9,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Cgab1991 , congrats on the SS. Hopefully someone can run a Carfax report for you, otherwise scroll through the classified section, it may have been listed here before a trade in.

·
Super Moderator
9,327 Posts
Thanks to member @ben98gs I can tell you that it is a sunroof spare automatic built on 02/24/16 and is #68 of 85 built in it's configuration for 2016.

·
Premium Member
3,863 Posts
Welcome, no open recalls and the paint appears to have been cared for. With any luck maybe the headers and cam taken care of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your help! I was surprised to see so many comments so soon. I am incredibly excited, but a little nervous until I drive it myself. I tried finding a listing here and on other forums but nothing turned up. I haven't seen many of these cars that have major problems with only 60k miles, so I'm just hoping this one isn't an outlier. Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny thing, my car ('15 SLIHR) came to NC from FL by way of GA.

Welcome!
Thanks a lot! I have actually seen your car from searching Google for wheels and other appearance mods to see what looks best with this color. I must say, those wheels look wonderful! Very nice car!

How do you spend 40k and not test drive something? That is a lot of trust to put into a seller. Private party maybe is easier but dealers rarely have the history on the car.
Yeah, right? Lol I never would have done this before, but I know several people who have bought cars without test driving with great experiences, so I was hopeful. It was difficult to find time to test drive one of these cars before making a decision (Lots of time off work and gas/plane tickets), so I just bit the bullet, I guess. I am mechanically inclined enough to work on my own cars, including engine work, though. I would just prefer avoiding it with said $40k car. lol

Ask your local Chevy dealer to run the VIN for you…. Good luck with the purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!! I tried calling my local Chevy dealer and was told there was nothing they could do to help me. :/

·
Super Moderator
9,327 Posts
Thanks a lot! I have actually seen your car from searching Google for wheels and other appearance mods to see what looks best with this color. I must say, those wheels look wonderful! Very nice car!

Yeah, right? Lol I never would have done this before, but I know several people who have bought cars without test driving with great experiences, so I was hopeful. It was difficult to find time to test drive one of these cars before making a decision (Lots of time off work and gas/plane tickets), so I just bit the bullet, I guess. I am mechanically inclined enough to work on my own cars, including engine work, though. I would just prefer avoiding it with said $40k car. lol

Thank you!! I tried calling my local Chevy dealer and was told there was nothing they could do to help me. :/
Sounds like you need a different dealership

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for your help! I have the car now and it seems to be in really good condition, excluding one small dent in the rear diffuser, one small door ding in the side, and some scrapes from dips or parking lot entries. Car seems to run pretty solid, which was my main concern.

·
Premium Member
3,863 Posts
There is a green LED, far right bottom on center console. that lights at low speed and helps when inching toward parking stop. Mine does not always come on automatically. So I try to look when parking. you get beeps to prevent some of that rash up front. If not on press button.

Thank you all for your help! I have the car now and it seems to be in really good condition, excluding one small dent in the rear diffuser, one small door ding in the side, and some scrapes from dips or parking lot entries. Car seems to run pretty solid, which was my main concern.

·
Premium Member
Fixing My Own "SS"
375 Posts
My '15 never comes on automatically unless I shift into reverse. It'll stay on after shifting into reverse, even when you change back to forward. I always thumb it on when I'm parking.

·
Super Moderator
14,822 Posts
Owner's manual description of park assist feature.
Note that the feature operates only below 5 mph. It is automatic in Reverse gear but must be turned on in any forward gear IF the vehicle has gone above 5 mph after reversing.

9-36 Driving and Operating
Assistance Systems for
Parking or Backing
When the vehicle is in R (Reverse),
the Rear Vision Camera (RVC) and
Rear Parking Assist may help the
driver to avoid a crash or to reduce
crash damage while backing and
parking. Some models may also
have Rear Cross Traffic Alert
(RCTA), Automatic Parking Assist
(APA), and/or Front Parking Assist.