Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Draconian Lockdown that we have here in NM, I've been spending more time in the garage quite a bit. Putting the finishing touches on a friends GN bent 6 which has been cluttering my work area for months now. Lost interest, but it's time to finish it an move on. No longer in the Turbo Regal world, so I've been trying to get rid of the 30 year collection of parts that I can no longer use.
So, I've considered building a forged LS3/LSA with better breathing (cam and ported heads) to have in readiness as a swap out for probably the V, but maybe the SS.
Anybody out there doing a similar winter project? If not the whole motor thing, what kind of schemes are lined up for this long and dark winter??

·
Super Moderator
6,255 Posts
Little stuff for me, fluid changes, detail stuff. Other threads remind me of needed cabin filter and wiper blade changes also. (y)

Reactions: JayJ

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I've been trying to get rid of the 30 year collection of parts that I can no longer use.
I have the same problem except it's a 25 year collection of Ford parts. I have completely lost interest so everything is slowly making its way to the trash where it belongs. 😂

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
I doubt it. Going to check out home depot.
Don't really have anything in mind but it depends on the sales

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
698 Posts
Nope. I don't do Black Friday shopping for anything other than the Christmas Tree. And this year we got it early.

Haven't been out for Black Friday in 10 years and that was the one and only time. I hated it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Understood. But with the way things are right now, BF doesn't involve going to the mall or pretty much anywhere else where I live. Our Guvernator has locked down and crushed the NM economy. Big Box stores are open, but there can only be 75 people max (even in Walmart, Costco or Sams!) So to qualify my question re Black Friday, I was asking about online deals with the likes of Texas Speed, Pace Performance, and the rest of our good vendors, etc. My fingers are doing the walking and the shopping if I can find the right deal!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Historically, I've only shopped for the special release of barrel aged stout beers on Black Friday. 😛

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,163 Posts
I bought my current 4k 65" TV and matching 4k DVD in 2018, that's about it. Nothing else that I want or need is ever on sale then.

Reactions: jimster480

·
Registered
698 Posts
Understood. But with the way things are right now, BF doesn't involve going to the mall or pretty much anywhere else where I live.

So to qualify my question re Black Friday, I was asking about online deals with the likes of Texas Speed, Pace Performance, and the rest of our good vendors, etc.
Understand. Here is still mostly kinda open, so a bit different.

I'm not watching car deals since mine is a DD and until it isn't, more power would just be a bad idea for me. My drive is my relaxing decompression time; making it go faster would be fun but also detrimental in some ways...like my driving record. :)

For the rest, small kids + lockdown + all the stuff they've accumulated over the years=a disorganized hodgepodge in too many places.

I will say that if anyone finds a premade Griswold Gingerbread House, that would be helpful for me!

Good luck on the hunt: may the internet speed be ever in your favor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
I am shopping for a specific Milwaukee impact.

Otherwise I don't think my other hobbies really get impacted by black Friday / cyber Monday. Yes, the pun worked well.

Reactions: Beatrice and JayJ

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,163 Posts
Why would you have to search so hard for a deal on something, through malls and such, unless you have money burning a hole in you pocket, which, I don't.

You look at what you need or want, see who has it on sale(on the internet) and buy it, if you want it,...simple!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm cyber shopping Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals for a new aluminum radiator for my '85 4-4-2.
The current Modine radiator is leaking and is next on the list for replacement, which will be much easier after getting confirmation of my lifetime warranty claim, giving me back the $160 purchase price from 2002.

The 4-4-2 has been off the road for a new timing chain and gears set, new engine mounts, new fuel and water pumps, new hoses and belts, and a Krylon rebuild on all of the parts I'm removing/reinstalling in the process.

On the to-do list is a desire to lobotomize the On-Star functionality in the Holden.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
On the to-do list is a desire to lobotomize the On-Star functionality in the Holden.
Keep us posted on that. It's been a bit of a rabbit hole around here for years (i.e. numerous threads on the topic, but not much on results).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Keep us posted on that. It's been a bit of a rabbit hole around here for years (i.e. numerous threads on the topic, but not much on results).
Yes, I've noticed that quandry. If I get any 'traction' on the topic, I'll report back,

Reactions: good2go

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
SuperPro USA is doing 25% off on their web site and also free shipping so I may pull the trigger on the front control arm bushings.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts