Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deer strike took out my passenger side mirror, and the body shop can’t find the replacement glass. It is apparently on back order nationwide with no estimated availability. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. It’s a 2017, though I don’t know if that matters. Willing to take junkyard part until OEM available.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Not exact but may work for a while. On a past vehiclke I ahd the mirror glass actually fall off and break. Similar backorder situation. I contacted a local glass shop, a glass shower doors and mirrors place, and they cut a piece of convex mirror glass to fit and attached it for under $100. It was still in place when I sold 5 years later.

Reactions: good2go

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exact but may work for a while. On a past vehiclke I ahd the mirror glass actually fall off and break. Similar backorder situation. I contacted a local glass shop, a glass shower doors and mirrors place, and they cut a piece of convex mirror glass to fit and attached it for under $100. It was still in place when I sold 5 years later.
Thanks. That’s a good idea. Fortunately, I was able to find an entire assembly on eBay, so I pointed it out to the body shop and they purchased it. Just waiting for it to arrive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts