Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my car to a store went in and when I came back out and tried to start it acted like it was a low battery and wouldn't turn over. So I tried again gave it gas and it finally fired up, but now my Navigation, touch screen is off and all it has is a grey background with a small Locked word in the center of it. I think it tripped the anti theft protection. And if so is there a way to get it to go back, if not no big deal as I'll send it to the dealership and have it taken care of but that is time and money I shouldn't of have to spend.

Turned out the battery in the fob went and died. The 2nd one though seems to be working as it should.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
4,132 Posts
Your battery voltage did go ultra low. Low enough that your radio, and probably other things, acted like it had been disconnected briefly.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Aside from your fob battery, have you had the vehicle battery checked? Since you are going to dealer might have them do that as well…

‘16 SSB, stick, roof and spare.

Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aside from your fob battery, have you had the vehicle battery checked? Since you are going to dealer might have them do that as well…

Yes I got my Navigation and radio back and they (dealership) did a test and said the battery is Fubared. I just bought it last year and so taking it up to the dealership I bought and installed it, and tell them they better get me a new one that actually works! I am not happy with MB or GM for this. I mean the battery was the original and so I thought it needed to be replaced 2013-2021

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
No, you did the right thing to have the original battery replaced.

Stuff happens, but low/bad batteries have odd symptoms in these cars and it is a good initial diagnostic step to have the battery checked, no matter how new, when electronic-related issues pop up.

Glad it was resolved for you.

Reactions: 15SuperSport
1 - 7 of 7 Posts