Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid for one through autoanything and they waited 3 weeks to tell me that it's on backorder and they refunded my money. Any suggestions? I really like how it sounds

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hate to bust anyone’s bubble when it comes to finding a new set of Borla Touring exhaust but unless you’re lucky to find one sitting in a warehouse somewhere across the country, Borla makes them in batches of 10 or more which means a group order totaling close to 10k before they‘ll begin. I‘ve searched high and low a year ago, called Borla and several other SS suppliers on his forum and got the same answer. I went with the Borla Sport on my M6 and to me it isn’t any louder than the stock exhaust was.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm looking for one too. Saw the same link to auto anything that you did. Called them yesterday only to find out they don't have it and cannot get it. Looks like it's auto "almost" anything. I have the Borla S-Type on my car and have had for several years. It sounds more aggressive than the stock exhaust to me and I certainly like the tone better. I just finished installing ARH LT's on my car this weekend with mini resonators in place of the cats. It sounds good at idle and cruising but, as most people have pointed out on here, is still too loud at rpm for my taste. I think I am going to see if I can squeeze a couple of bullet mufflers in the 3" straight section. Another option might be the magnaflow cat back but at $1500.00 or so, I mean Damn!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking for one too. Saw the same link to auto anything that you did. Called them yesterday only to find out they don't have it and cannot get it. Looks like it's auto "almost" anything. I have the Borla S-Type on my car and have had for several years. It sounds more aggressive than the stock exhaust to me and I certainly like the tone better. I just finished installing ARH LT's on my car this weekend with mini resonators in place of the cats. It sounds good at idle and cruising but, as most people have pointed out on here, is still too loud at rpm for my taste. I think I am going to see if I can squeeze a couple of bullet mufflers in the 3" straight section. Another option might be the magnaflow cat back but at $1500.00 or so, I mean Damn!
Yeah I wouldn't mind magnaflow. I'm seeing $1,600 for a cat back! I wonder if they sell just an axle-back...

·
Registered
2014 Red Hot 2 SS sunroof and spare
22 Posts
If you guys are interested in the Borla I would be careful with settling for the Magnaflow. I'm can't speak from experience, but I've also been researching Axlebacks on here and there seems to be a pretty consistent negative opinion of the Magnaflow catback for our cars. People just don't like the sound. Take that FWIW...

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Mangaflow has a horrible x pipe design. It’s flat steel stamped into an x and both halves welded together. It’s open on the inside and mixed with its mufflers they make v8 sound too Ferrari esqe. This was also on a bbc with the 4-7 swap. Was horrible and removed and went with straight dual. No h or x.

Find 10 people interested in the Borla and have it made.

·
Registered
60 Posts
there are several new ones on ebay, have you tried there?
I am betting they don't have it. I think most of these vendors are Borla reps that advertise the product and then order it if they receive an order. I sent a message to three of them asking them to verify if they had them in stock. I'm not getting my hopes up. Anyone in for a group buy?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am betting they don't have it. I think most of these vendors are Borla reps that advertise the product and then order it if they receive an order. I sent a message to three of them asking them to verify if they had them in stock. I'm not getting my hopes up. Anyone in for a group buy?
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak

1 - 12 of 12 Posts