Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Wondering if there is any other SS owners in the land of beer and cheese! What do you have? Pics? Are you driving it in the winter snow?

So far I've only seen one other SS in Wisconsin... (a red one driving down I-90 near Sparta).

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm not from Wisconsin but the other side of the state line in Illinois. I'm awaiting my SS and have been keeping my eye out for them. I personally have only seen 2 on the road and not sure if you have looked at this thread :
http://www.ssforums.com/forum/#/forumsite/21092/topics/17481?page=3
Map: http://www.easymapmaker.com/map/ChevySS-Locations
This way I have an idea of who is in my area. There are a lot of people that drive it in the cold but I hope to keep this as just a fun car not planning on it being a DD. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Several in WI

MG MT here. Put it away just before the first snowfall. Hoping to get it back on the road next month - at least part time. Not afraid of driving with winter tires, just wanted to avoid the salt.

I've never seen another SS in the wild, only at dealers. Had an 1100 mile road trip in Sept to Detroit and northern lower MI; saw a couple G8s around Detroit, a GTO up north, an elderly man with a bushy white beard driving a smart fortwo with Korean war vet plates (how's that for 1 of 1) on I-94 near Jackson ... but not one SS.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't have one yet, but have been seriously considering it. I've seen one parked at Badger Alloys in Milwaukee off of state street, otherwise, I haven't seen any out and about either.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm just across the St. Croix river from the Twin Cities. The only other SS I've seen in the wild is another '14 SIM just like mine that had came to the dealership for service. I looked at the address of the owner and was very surprised it was someone who lives within 5 miles of me. The bad part was I didn't get to meet or even see the owner and it hasn't been back since.

These cars are like ghosts - when you think you're seeing one, by the time you can turn your head for the double look-see, it's gone!

As for driving mine in the winter - no way - I remember Tonto telling Kemo Sabe, "Salt makes for rusty barrel, silver bullet not shoot straight then."

·
Premium Member
6,927 Posts
Did you check the owners map? ;-)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Have been SS-ing in and around Appleton since mid-June. Hate the salt, but love this car too much not to drive it every day!

·
Super Moderator
13,630 Posts
Yes, welcome stive403!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MG MT here. Put it away just before the first snowfall. Hoping to get it back on the road next month - at least part time. Not afraid of driving with winter tires, just wanted to avoid the salt.

Nice! What part of WI?

I've never seen another SS in the wild, only at dealers. Had an 1100 mile road trip in Sept to Detroit and northern lower MI; saw a couple G8s around Detroit, a GTO up north, an elderly man with a bushy white beard driving a smart fortwo with Korean war vet plates (how's that for 1 of 1) on I-94 near Jackson ... but not one SS.

LOL, I may have seen him near Madison, hahaha! :grin

Just a hop across the river here! Mahtomedi MN. Yes I've been winter driving on Blizzaks. What part of WI?

Im in a small town about 1.5 hours west of Madison called Tomah.

I don't have one yet, but have been seriously considering it. I've seen one parked at Badger Alloys in Milwaukee off of state street, otherwise, I haven't seen any out and about either.

Do it! You won't regret it. I haven't regretted it one bit. :smile

I'm just across the St. Croix river from the Twin Cities. The only other SS I've seen in the wild is another '14 SIM just like mine that had came to the dealership for service. I looked at the address of the owner and was very surprised it was someone who lives within 5 miles of me. The bad part was I didn't get to meet or even see the owner and it hasn't been back since.

These cars are like ghosts - when you think you're seeing one, by the time you can turn your head for the double look-see, it's gone!

As for driving mine in the winter - no way - I remember Tonto telling Kemo Sabe, "Salt makes for rusty barrel, silver bullet not shoot straight then."

They are completely like ghosts. The only one I've ever seen in the wild was gone past me before I recognized it. I love the Lone Ranger quote! :laugh

Did you check the owners map? ;-)

Believe it or not, I've never been able to locate it in all the threads! I've read through pages of the threads about the owners map, and all I can find is instructions to post your SS and where you live (and people doing just that. BTW, did you find my post with my location in one of those threads? I haven't been able to find an owners map, much less an updated one, so I couldn't be sure.

Have been SS-ing in and around Appleton since mid-June. Hate the salt, but love this car too much not to drive it every day!
Exactly my thoughts!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes, fellas! hopefully I'll have one of my own soon! For now, I'll continue in my 2012 Buick Regal GS w/ manual trans. The lure of v8 and rear wheel drive is tugging at me hard though!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pic of the regal GS? I haven't seen one of those in the wild either. I do love the V8!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
that didn't work so well... let's try this instead

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm in Johnson Creek, WI. Checkout the the owners map that GXPaycheck is talking about.

Cars & Coffee in Lake Mills starts in May!!

That's a big fat negative to driving the SS in the winter. I bought a 04 BMW 325Xi as a winter beater in September.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that didn't work so well... let's try this instead

Beautiful. I think I like the SS better, but just barely! :grin

I'm in Johnson Creek, WI. Checkout the the owners map that GXPaycheck is talking about.

Cars & Coffee in Lake Mills starts in May!!

That's a big fat negative to driving the SS in the winter. I bought a 04 BMW 325Xi as a winter beater in September.

I can't figure out how to get on that owners map, and can't find links to it (unless it is the one posted earlier in this thread, in which case, I must not be on it. I would love to make it to cars and coffee! We'll see how work and school play out, now that I've started grad school.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can't figure out how to get on that owners map, and can't find links to it (unless it is the one posted earlier in this thread, in which case, I must not be on it. I would love to make it to cars and coffee! We'll see how work and school play out, now that I've started grad school.
Here ya go. PM GXPaycheck and give him your SS's year, trans, trim level and you zip code. He'll mark you on the map.

Chevy SS Owners

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here ya go. PM GXPaycheck and give him your SS's year, trans, trim level and you zip code. He'll mark you on the map.

Chevy SS Owners

Thanks man! I see myself on there!

I'm all alone in Central WI... Some near me... quick, buy an SS! :wink

1 - 20 of 118 Posts