Chevy SS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone else in Westchester own a SS. I just picked up a blue 16' with 4500 miles after 4 mouths sitting on the fence but finally saw a black one on the cross county parkway a mouth ago that pushed me. Looking forward to the first time I roll next to another SS.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought my 2016 Silver SS in October, but have missed most of the Forum talk. I live in Redding CT (south of Danbury), I'm on 84 and 684 all the time, and also go back and forth to my son's college in New Britain, and have not seen one single SS. Mine is a Silver Holden conversion, manual.

Look forward to seeing some of you guys on the road. I would love to see us have a meet somewhere in CT over the Summer. Went to the Sycamore Cruise last Friday night, there was one 2005 GTO. Had a big crowd around my car asking what it is, admiring it.
Have owned Camaro's, Mustangs, Vetts, etc., this is the best car I've ever driven.

·
Registered
39 Posts
spotted PBM SS with Holden badges today on the Route 15 connector near Sikorsky bridge in CT-I was in my GTO and you pulled behind me and I didn't realize it was an SS until I saw the rear Holden badge :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey CT owners! I commute 9 to 91 2x per day! Lets do a meet! I live in the Clinton area! Would really like to talk shop and hang out! Jim

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm on 684 (Silver 2016 Holden Conversion) every day going from CT to White Plains, never have seen another SS. Would love to get together with the CT, lower NY area folks one of these days.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm on 684 (Silver 2016 Holden Conversion) every day going from CT to White Plains, never have seen another SS. Would love to get together with the CT, lower NY area folks one of these days.
Are you in Danbury?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I bought my 2016 Silver SS in October, but have missed most of the Forum talk. I live in Redding CT (south of Danbury), I'm on 84 and 684 all the time, and also go back and forth to my son's college in New Britain, and have not seen one single SS. Mine is a Silver Holden conversion, manual.

Look forward to seeing some of you guys on the road. I would love to see us have a meet somewhere in CT over the Summer. Went to the Sycamore Cruise last Friday night, there was one 2005 GTO. Had a big crowd around my car asking what it is, admiring it.
Have owned Camaro's, Mustangs, Vetts, etc., this is the best car I've ever driven.
We had a meet in Oct. 2016 and 5 of us showed up, not all in SSs though. There was a G8 and a Ferrari there also. We talked about another get together last summer in MA or CT or somewhere but no one took the lead and I was busy with my job. Hopefully, we can do it again. It's always great to meet other SS owners. I live in Springfield, MA but get to CT often like yesterday when I was down at Terryville Chevrolet getting my oil changed, then doing some store visits at 3 malls for my work. Today, I was in Enfield for an appointment.

Let's start planning something.

On another topic, any of you going to the NY Auto show?

·
Registered
302 Posts
We had a meet in Oct. 2016 and 5 of us showed up, not all in SSs though. There was a G8 and a Ferrari there also. We talked about another get together last summer in MA or CT or somewhere but no one took the lead and I was busy with my job. Hopefully, we can do it again. It's always great to meet other SS owners. I live in Springfield, MA but get to CT often like yesterday when I was down at Terryville Chevrolet getting my oil changed, then doing some store visits at 3 malls for my work. Today, I was in Enfield for an appointment.

Let's start planning something.

On another topic, any of you going to the NY Auto show?
That's close to my work! We defiantly should see if we have a meet. Maybe an upcoming Sunday for a Breakfast and Meet! Do they have Cracker Barrel here in CT? How bout in April when it hopefully warms up a little? Let's keep in touch.

Sorry no New York Auto Show for me :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey guys, I'm a temporary resident in CT for a few short more months on Fairfield beach. I have a 2017 NFG on Long Island that I plan on bringing up for the Jannetty Racing show on April 28th.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey guys, I'm a temporary resident in CT for a few short more months on Fairfield beach. I have a 2017 NFG on Long Island that I plan on bringing up for the Jannetty Racing show on April 28th.
We'll cool then! Let's see if we meet up!

·
Registered
343 Posts
That's close to my work! We defiantly should see if we have a meet. Maybe an upcoming Sunday for a Breakfast and Meet! Do they have Cracker Barrel here in CT? How bout in April when it hopefully warms up a little? Let's keep in touch.

Sorry no New York Auto Show for me :(
There are Cracker Barrels and breakfast sounds good but I would prefer IHOP or somewhere else. There's a good breakfast place in Windsor on Route 5 but maybe that's too far north for some of you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sounds good to me! Lets set a date! Windsor bout 45 mins. Post a PIn for location !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not sure about posting a pin but here's the address.

Hot Cakes

238 S Main St
East Windsor, CT 06088
United States

A Sunday morning would be best for me. Maybe April 8 or 15?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not sure about posting a pin but here's the address.

Hot Cakes

238 S Main St
East Windsor, CT 06088
United States

A Sunday morning would be best for me. Maybe April 8 or 15?
Hopefully other NE SS owners will chime in here and post their preferences for a date. I am open to either date!

CT/MA/RI SS MEET!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Brunch or lunch (where I can find vegetarian friendly, but NOT vegan, fare) would work for me with the following two unmovable items on my calendar.

6 May, instructor at a Car Control Clinic in northern MA.
21 April either car owner and observer while a friend drives my SS at a CCC/track event at New Hampshire International Speedway-or taking driver's position in the event of that driver's incapacity to participate...

Sturbridge, MA area could work for me since I am an outlyer in anything related to CT-being waaaay up here near the NH border, while owning rental property/being owned by rental property in the Springfield, MA area.

I would like to have maybe more than a week between car related events to keep some sort of happy status at home. Somewhat flexible.

Currently June and July look moderately uneventful-since my boat is scheduled to be launched mid week before daddys' day in June, making weekends being sort of non events. The ocean this time of year up here is cold and ugly. Some people say the same about me, regardless of time of year.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Brunch or lunch (where I can find vegetarian friendly, but NOT vegan, fare) would work for me with the following two unmovable items on my calendar.

6 May, instructor at a Car Control Clinic in northern MA.
21 April either car owner and observer while a friend drives my SS at a CCC/track event at New Hampshire International Speedway-or taking driver's position in the event of that driver's incapacity to participate...

Sturbridge, MA area could work for me since I am an outlyer in anything related to CT-being waaaay up here near the NH border, while owning rental property/being owned by rental property in the Springfield, MA area.

I would like to have maybe more than a week between car related events to keep some sort of happy status at home. Somewhat flexible.

Currently June and July look moderately uneventful-since my boat is scheduled to be launched mid week before daddys' day in June, making weekends being sort of non events. The ocean this time of year up here is cold and ugly. Some people say the same about me, regardless of time of year.
Totally understand the Happy Family status!! should we start a new thread, CT/MA/RI meet up?

If anyone knows how to start a new thread, do it. Then we can hopefully get more area owners to input! Drive safe and fast!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Very cool, I'm trying to make the Jannetty show on the 28th also, but too far out to be sure. Used to go to their rental days at LVD regularly, and once I break in the new motor in the TA I need to get them to give it a final tune. Good bunch of guys for sure.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts