Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to change the shift knob. The one in the SS looks/feels flmsy compared to the G8...but I haven't seen any options out there...

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Haven't seen a different shift knob for the auto, but there are aftermarket shift paddles available that are direct fit and make it a lot easier to grab gears while turning the wheel.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
I've been running the Vitesse paddles since late 2014, love them. Much stiffer and you can adjust the backspace off the wheel for more precise shifts.
These are the ones. I had them installed on the stock SS wheel and the ZL1 alcantara wheel. Work great with either, but I prefer them on the ZL1 wheel which is slightly less diameter.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Was checking out some sites this past weekend looking for parts and found this one:

Other than it being a little pricey, I think this one should work, right? I'm actually contemplating getting it if so. Will compliment my interior well especially considering I've got all the other interior blackout pieces installed already.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Was checking out some sites this past weekend looking for parts and found this one:

Other than it being a little pricey, I think this one should work, right? I'm actually contemplating getting it if so. Will compliment my interior well especially considering I've got all the other interior blackout pieces installed already.
I installed that one in mine a couple months back. Love the feel of it with the alcantera like the ZL1 steering wheel. Plus the piano black cap to match the interior vs the stock chrome.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed that one in mine a couple months back. Love the feel of it with the alcantera like the ZL1 steering wheel. Plus the piano black cap to match the interior vs the stock chrome.
I just painted the cap of the stock shifter. Much better to match my black interior trim. No more of the crappy "brushed aluminum" in my interior.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Awesome. you just sealed the deal for me then...I'm gonna order it.

·
Registered
2017 Red Hot 2 SS
7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevy SS Red Hot2 #14 of 113. #648 of 4008
121 Posts
I think holden parts usa has the gtsr auto shift know in stock

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
There is an aftermarket shifter knob that looks like a pistol grip in billet from Australia. Forgot the name of it but it does exist.

·
Registered
182 Posts
How hard was it to install?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the HSV Alcantara suede auto shift knob from HoldenPartsUSA, worth every penny and I haven't even installed it yet!

Call me crazy but I also ordered the HSV Alcantara paddle shift auto steering wheel from Australia, should be here in a week or two. It's expensive but I'm going for "aftermarket+" so the car remains somewhat plausible to have been custom ordered from the factory, all genuine OEM parts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts