Chevy SS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had nowhere to go. Lil sob ran out onto the highway. Front and knee airbags deployed and hood came up into windshield. Were ok. Lil sore. All that matters. Pulled over onto the grassy mud...jus glad it wasnt worse. We were 3 miles into our 3 hour trip to ny for a wedding.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
WOW!

I'm glad you guys are alright! That would have scared the living daylights out of me and the wife!

·
Registered
288 Posts
wow! glad to see everyone is alright! Hitting a deer is no joke!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Sorry man. Like the others glad everybody is ok.

Wonder if those deer whistles really work.

Looks the rear is ok , you can prob sell the mag ride for a grand ;)

Omg you just got the car too :( sorry .

Well if your looking for a replacement there’s one in red bank with 8k miles .lol

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Dang brother. I feel so bad for you. Take comfort in the fact that things can be replaced, our loved ones cannot. I'm glad everyone (besides Bambi) is okay.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry man. Like the others glad everybody is ok.

Wonder if those deer whistles really work.

Looks the rear is ok , you can prob sell the mag ride for a grand /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Omg you just got the car too /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif sorry .

Well if your looking for a replacement there’s one in red bank with 8k miles .lol
Thanks. I would have had it a year on sept 11th. Im def gona hafta find another stick ss. Gota see what insurance is gona give me. Im sure its totaled.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thanks. I would have had it a year on sept 11th. Im def gona hafta find another stick ss. Gota see what insurance is gona give me. Im sure its totaled.
Glad you are ok.

Don't let the insurance screw you, you know they will try. Find some high priced manuals for backup info.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang brother. I feel so bad for you. Take comfort in the fact that things can be replaced, our loved ones cannot. I'm glad everyone (besides Bambi) is okay.
Thanks. Bambi can kiss my you know what. I used to feel bad when I would have to put a deer down at work after someone would hit one (even though I hunted most of my life). Not anymore. No more sympathy for them.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Oh Deer!!!

Thanks. Bambi can kiss my you know what. I used to feel bad when I would have to put a deer down at work after someone would hit one (even though I hunted most of my life). Not anymore. No more sympathy for them.

They have made you mad!!! I fear that this is the fate of all the deer you encounter from now on!!!! OH,,, and,,, [email protected] IT!!!! Sorry to see another one bite the dust!!!

BUT,,, YOU'LL BE BACK!!!

:wink

·
Registered
485 Posts
Holy smokes! Sad to see that beauty wrecked but very glad you're OK!!

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Sadly enough it is our fault they are out there so much. The more we restrict hunting, and the more we displace them through our sprawl, the more prevalent they are, and the more prevalent they are in our neighborhoods and on our roads. I still feel bad for them, even the front of an SS is a he!! of a way to go.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Cars can be replaced so we're grateful that the car protected y'all from harm. Bet it made you mad enough at the deer to want to kill it! As mentioned here previously, don't let the insurance company shtup you...that's what they do.

Those crazy fuggers are totally unpredictable for which way they're going to turn and they're not smart enough to notice the posted deer crossing signs. Back in my motorcycling days seeing a deer was really a panic stop event.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the kind words. Glad my son was home with sitter. Hes 3. After I told him what happened he asked if we could get a camaro again and then asked if we could get a black ss. Made some humor to it all. ill def be on top of Geico with everything.

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Just tell them to source an OEM radiator before they finalize the estimate....

·
Registered
179 Posts
We’re moving from Albany to the highlands in the next 6 weeks. Have our 15 stick for sale.

I clobbered one on the pa pike doing 74 on cruise in my Cherokee. Scared the crap out of me. Took out the bumper radiator trans cooler etc. now I have a beefy bumper with a hoop

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.