Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a GPS failure on the Nav screen as well as a CAL sign in the DIC and Onstar no longer connects. XMRadio works OK. The system thinks it's in Warren MI.

I tried pulling F5 & F18 fuses from the trunk fuse box. No change.

I disconnected the battery for a couple of hours. Still no change.

The good news is that I still have an extended warranty. The bad news is that rental/loaner cars are like rocking horse doo-doo in Houston.

So even though the warranty includes a rental, it's going to be impossible to find one for the next few weeks at least. I'll just have to see what the dealer has to say! Hopefully I can reserve a loner at some future date.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Are you one of those who disconnected your OnStar antenna?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, I have kept my SS totally stock because of the extended warranty. But one thing is for sure, nobody is tracking me at the moment!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
My nav story. I normally do a google map and write down basic directions and the street address. Went and got lost, so turn on the trusty nav and try to put in the street address, but it wants the city first and won't allow me to enter the street address first. I didn't know what city it was in, so nav and my flip phone was useless. Didn't think about On Star. Luckily, my flip phone call log had the number and I called to ask what city they are in and Nav got me there. So, lesson learned: write down the city.

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
And the state too...🤣
Coming from the guy who had to check out 3 times at the store yesterday. I'm getting hard to live with!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had it at the dealer today. The "Silverbox" has failed.

They are ordering a replacement, but are unsure of the timeframe/availability because of the "Worldwide chip shortage"!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts