Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

I've migrated over from the G8 board as the new SS may be the replacement for my GXP. I've owned my G8 new since May of 2009 and as much as I still love it, it may be time for something new.

Just like most on here I've kept a tuned ear to all the on goings of the new SS (which hasn't been much) so I'm super anxious for the reveal on Saturday. Hopefully its styled a bit more aggressively than the Calais trim released in Aus yesterday and hoping they will also disclose the powerplant this coming Saturday. North of 425hp please.

·
Registered
397 Posts
welcome jmac :)

How did you find out about this forum?

Judging from previous vehicles that were both in the US and abroad I think our version of the VF commodore will be much more aggressive looking. Have you seen the chevrolet ss picture threads? there some good renderings their.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome jmac :)

How did you find out about this forum?

Judging from previous vehicles that were both in the US and abroad I think our version of the VF commodore will be much more aggressive looking. Have you seen the chevrolet ss picture threads? there some good renderings their.
G8board.com has a link to the forum. Looks like a few have made it over here which is good because the G8 board is an awesome forum with a ton of good people. Its developed into a great community.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a G8 GXP too and really like this car. My wife just got a new Dodge Charger RT Max AWD and it has all the bells and whistles the GXP should have had and it was priced comparable to the GXP. I'm going to watch and see what the new SS has and how it's priced to see if it will tempt me to switch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome, I can't wait to see who will be one of the first to do an all-out "Chevy SS owners report: G8 GXP to SS comparison, the good, the bad, and the awesomeness"

Aside from the looks and updated interior, I really am looking forward to reviews written by people who already know the thoroughbred of the Holden platform to compare to. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
G8 owner here. 2008 v6 model, ready for an upgrade. Test drove a few things recently but now I'm holding out for Holden ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had a 2008 G8 GT in Heron White. Why I sold it, I'll never figure out. This SS will be my better half's DD. If I behave, I'll get to drive it on road trips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts