Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radiators.

Got this text message from service manager at dealership.

I am told this morning they located one in California. So it’s coming when we get it we will get you in. We have had lots of problems getting parts because of GM right now. They screwed up parts plant 75 the hub for GM.
It’s been 2 weeks already.

·
Premium Member
14,101 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 weeks today, still no radiator. Good thing it’s not my daily.....sucks.

·
Registered
870 Posts
this is my daily.

guess it time to look for my 2nd mode of transport. slingshot ?

so basically every repair that needs parts (not related to shared items) at best we can expect 1-3 weeks at worst... longer.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Jfc. My wife will never let me hear the end of it if this car gets sidelined for a month with a repair. It's my daily as well. Does GM provide a long term rental?

·
Registered
870 Posts
3 strikes or 30 days whichever comes first lemon law.

I dont believe GM is responsible for providing loaners, however they may as a courtesy... for the multi GM owners ;)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jfc. My wife will never let me hear the end of it if this car gets sidelined for a month with a repair. It's my daily as well. Does GM provide a long term rental?
I could get a loaner, but no use taking my car in to have it sit in dealer lot. I’ll get one if and when the 1 of 4 radiators in the country finally make it in. :frown

·
Registered
108 Posts
3 strikes or 30 days whichever comes first lemon law.

I dont believe GM is responsible for providing loaners, however they may as a courtesy... for the multi GM owners ;)

This doesn't apply if parts are not available or they are waiting on parts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
This doesn't apply if parts are not available or they are waiting on parts

Isn’t that the ultimate lemon? Original part fails under warranty and no OE replacement part is available? Manufacturer can just delay replacement part production to avoid the lemon law and there is no incentive to correct the issue in a timely manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
870 Posts
Each state is different looks like 20 days out of service for nj among some other stipulations .

I’ve heard stories of engine replacements on fords that we’re getting close to 30 days and ford jumped thru hoops when it got close to that time.

Re bmw hpfp stuff they were buying back cars once 30 days was past.

One thing to note. It’s unresonable for a manufacturer to keep your car offline for an extended period of time while your making payments. If parts are not avail and your car is offline for an extended period of time I would expect the manufacturer to offer monetary relief regardless if a loaner was provided.

Ppp

·
Registered
870 Posts
It's somewhat disconcerting to find that parts for these cars are already becoming unobtanium. I was hoping to continue using mine as my daily driver for some time yet.
I hear you, me too.

Sitting will kill the car too prob worse than driving.

Still we all should have known parts were going to be a cluster for a limited prod car with this background. It’s a regular car with performance bits, it’s a daily driver. Kinda weird a manufacturer won’t have parts for a car still under warranty. And quite frankly I wouldn’t put effort towards parts if I was gm. Stock the common parts and nothing else. Grumble.

I’ll prob be glad when it’s out of warranty. After market and rebuilds will be available.

Now all that being said, I haven’t seen another ss on the road. It truly is a rarecar. I hope the estimated value stays strong !

Ppp

·
Registered
7 Posts
I knew going in that parts availability would be spotty but didn't expect it to happen so soon. I understand about things going bad when cars sit. My '96 Impala SS has had shocks perish due to that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm debating selling the SS. I love the car, but both rear shocks are shot and it's not fun to drive anymore. Given that I can't get it repaired in the foreseeable future due to parts being 'unobtanium', I'm wondering if the car is worth it long term.

It's a damned shame.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's somewhat disconcerting to find that parts for these cars are already becoming unobtanium. I was hoping to continue using mine as my daily driver for some time yet.
I hear you, me too.

Sitting will kill the car too prob worse than driving.

Still we all should have known parts were going to be a cluster for a limited prod car with this background. It’s a regular car with performance bits, it’s a daily driver. Kinda weird a manufacturer won’t have parts for a car still under warranty. And quite frankly I wouldn’t put effort towards parts if I was gm. Stock the common parts and nothing else. Grumble.

I’ll prob be glad when it’s out of warranty. After market and rebuilds will be available.

Now all that being said, I haven’t seen another ss on the road. It truly is a rarecar. I hope the estimated value stays strong !

Ppp
I'm debating selling the SS. I love the car, but both rear shocks are shot and it's not fun to drive anymore. Given that I can't get it repaired in the foreseeable future due to parts being 'unobtanium', I'm wondering if the car is worth it long term.

It's a damned shame.

Yes to everyone above.

I got a message Friday that radiator was on the way should be delivered Monday ( today )

Just got a phone call from service dept.......radiator was canceled, none in stock!

3 weeks for a radiator that can’t be found!

Still none in stock.

This does suck!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Then there were none, radiators.

Had hope after I got this message from service department last week....

Located the radiator in California, GM SPAC filled the order. She had to get approval because it was so far out, but she got it done. We should have this by the end of the week. We need to make sure it is not damaged when we get it, it is 2200 miles out.

·
Registered
485 Posts
2 weeks today i have been waiting on a driver side window seal, dealer said fed ex soposed to deliver friday but as of today hasnt shown up. Wonder where my dealer got it from since i got parts from Australia in under 2 weeks......

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Then there were no radiators

Service and Parts management is working hard to get this resolved. I have good relations with the dealership, parts guy is looking for an aftermarket radiator. May have to go this route to get my car back on the road.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts