Chevy SS Forum banner
121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I just got off the phone with ict billet. Here's the deal,
551776-3 that was linked above is for 5th gen Camaro/truck spacing.
551776-1 is for Corvette spacing and is the right part for our car. This would be the same belt spacing for CTS-V accessory drive as well.

Order 551776-1 for a Chevy SS sedan

I have one on the way, it was $60 shipped. About twice as much as the factory bracket but the factory bracket isn't sufficient for a high load/demand belt drive. If your not driving a blower on your accessory drive I don't think this is needed.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I just got off the phone with ict billet. Here's the deal,
551776-3 that was linked above is for 5th gen Camaro/truck spacing.
551776-1 is for Corvette spacing and is the right part for our car. This would be the same belt spacing for CTS-V accessory drive as well.

I have one on the way, it was $60 shipped. About twice as much as the factory bracket but the factory bracket isn't sufficient for a high load/demand belt drive. If your not driving a blower on your accessory drive I don't think this is needed.

Order 551776-1 for a Chevy SS sedan

Yep the 776-1 is what I have after checking. Nice piece! Can’t wait to see what you think also.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Thanks for finding this idler 2016Machine!
I received it today, super fast shipping!
A few things... First, it is not intended for a 10 rib pulley. The spacer that they provide would not work with my pulley and the center bearing support I have for my pulley has no spacer provision to space the back side of the pulley out. I solved this super easily by using the tapered washer they provided on the back of the pulley with some washers to match the spacing exactly. I'm pretty sure it is dead on but I don't have a fancy laser belt alignment tool so I'll find out when I rev it to 7k under all the boost.
The other thing, there is a wire harness that has a plastic retainer that sticks into a bolt hole in the head. This bracket used that hole. I solved it by just nearly ziptieing the wire harness to the standoff. Honestly if you left it free I don't think it would ever move much but I like to be sure.
It seems beefy, only time will tell!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I knew I forgot something...
The belt. I had a belt on the shelf that was exactly 1.5" longer. I thought that would be plenty!
The longer belt barley fit! I had to adjust one of my adjustable idlers to get the belt on!
The difference in position is enough to eat up some belt length in a hurry!

·
Registered
642 Posts
A few things... First, it is not intended for a 10 rib pulley. The spacer that they provide would not work with my pulley and the center bearing support I have for my pulley has no spacer provision to space the back side of the pulley out. I solved this super easily by using the tapered washer they provided on the back of the pulley with some washers to match the spacing exactly. I'm pretty sure it is dead on but I don't have a fancy laser belt alignment tool so I'll find out when I rev it to 7k under all the boost.
The other thing, there is a wire harness that has a plastic retainer that sticks into a bolt hole in the head. This bracket used that hole. I solved it by just nearly ziptieing the wire harness to the standoff. Honestly if you left it free I don't think it would ever move much but I like to be sure.
I knew I forgot something...
The belt. I had a belt on the shelf that was exactly 1.5" longer. I thought that would be plenty!
The longer belt barley fit! I had to adjust one of my adjustable idlers to get the belt on!
The difference in position is enough to eat up some belt length in a hurry!
That’s awesome! It seemed beefy to me for sure! And the eating up belt size was no joke. Went from a 98 to a 100.5 and i had to adjust idlers too. ?? I out about 40 miles on it today and so far so great... we shall see!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whipple install step, question.

Hey guys im about halfway through the whipple install, and your posts are excellent help. I have kind of a dumb question on a certain install step. In the current install guide its step 52 - the 1/4 inch hose has a coupler at the end of the hose. Attach the factory water fill neck hose to the coupler. Attach the factory reservior hose back to the filler neck. Am I missing something? They dont show which hose and none of the hoses have a coupler, and no pic. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey guys im about halfway through the whipple install, and your posts are excellent help. I have kind of a dumb question on a certain install step. In the current install guide its step 52 - the 1/4 inch hose has a coupler at the end of the hose. Attach the factory water fill neck hose to the coupler. Attach the factory reservior hose back to the filler neck. Am I missing something? They dont show which hose and none of the hoses have a coupler, and no pic. Any help is appreciated.
LOL i know youre confused but I am now confused also.. i think they mean on the neck of the intercooler filler the clear plastic piece gets a tube pushed on the top portion 1/4" and then that connects to intercooler reservoir (the aluminum cube). **** who knows if thats not it. the instructions were a fun challenge more so than the install. lol.

·
Registered
642 Posts
That NW102 boosted is sexy. Mine goes on next week with the synergy motorsports intake. What did you ever end up doing about your intercooler reservoir. Werent you relocating it or changing that up?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't forget those intake gaskets in the flat box!!!!

Reactions: 41AH24

·
Registered
10 Posts
LOL i know youre confused but I am now confused also.. i think they mean on the neck of the intercooler filler the clear plastic piece gets a tube pushed on the top portion 1/4" and then that connects to intercooler reservoir (the aluminum cube). **** who knows if thats not it. the instructions were a fun challenge more so than the install. lol.
Thanks for the help, but I'm no where close to putting in the intercooler reservoir. It's weird, this step is listed directly after you remove the throttle body from the already removed intake and before the throttle extension cable install. Seems out of place for a coolant line attachment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Purge solenoid question.

Another question, on the three supercharger snout quick fittings, Ive got the far back going to the brake booster, Second to the rear of the drivers valve cover, and i believe the front fitting should goto the Purge solenoid, is this correct? if so, it shows to reuse the OE hose but its a formed plastic hose, did you guys use that same hose? thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm in the middle of my install right now. The order is correct on your quick connect fittings. There was a factory host on the passenger side that connected from a barb in the valley to the intake behind the throttle body (hose is shaped like a "U". That was what I was planning on using for the purge Solenoid.

Just went and checked the host I talked about will not work. Sorry I don't know what to use at this point.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Read my post from June, lots of details in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Another question, on the three supercharger snout quick fittings, Ive got the far back going to the brake booster, Second to the rear of the drivers valve cover, and i believe the front fitting should goto the Purge solenoid, is this correct? if so, it shows to reuse the OE hose but its a formed plastic hose, did you guys use that same hose? thanks
That's what I did.... But added a catch can (BBK)with that middle fitting. The passenger side valve cover I reused a factory fitting and pushed that hose underneath the front.of the charger. There's a little gap. Use some lube. The other side got that elbow connection that goes into the big Whipple intake grommet

·
Registered
85 Posts

Yes, exactly. That reused formed hard nylon hose does not fit very well...

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you guys need to talk to someone on the phone PM me and I can give u my cell. Im off today, just packing for a trip.

·
Registered
85 Posts

I believe they are talking about this rubber hose in step 52. It connects at the radiator just below the radiator cap, and the other end at a small tube on the front of the driver’s side cylinder head.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Talked to my tuner. Chuck Anders at Houston House of Power said the noise im hearing is jackshaft rattle, its subtle but its extremely common on jackshaft PD blowers and its nothing at all to worry about. He said whipple especially has a little jackshaft rattle. hes installed dozens of these 2.9 whipplles on GM cars and trucks. So, idk why someone on here hasnt heard theirs rattle a little bit. maybe y'all have too loud of exhaust! lol :p

inhave 2018 ss with 6.2l that has a 2.9l whipple it also has a horrible rattle sound at idle only. I spoke to whipple charger sales/service and he sent me out a coupling kit saying that would fix the noise but it did not and honestly it’s pretty **** annoying to me I’mready to rip it off and go back to stock

121 - 140 of 143 Posts