Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The K27 starts at $20,499, and is eligible for the $7,500 federal income tax credit. That would put the K27 at just under $13,000 "

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
"The K27 starts at $20,499, and is eligible for the $7,500 federal income tax credit. That would put the K27 at just under $13,000 "

I think I'd need to see the crash test results before I even stood next to one of those. :confused:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I think I'd need to see the crash test results before I even stood next to one of those. :confused:
I didn't even need to see the crash test results, I just needed to see...IT. Yikes.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Agreed, $13K I'd take one if they can give it a face lift. :ROFLMAO:

It MUST pass crash tests if it's sold here.

It does look like it might be pretty roomy for a tin can though.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That's the bigger K23 "SUV" in the picture. The K27 car is even smaller. No word on range or anything: https://www.drivekandi.com/
Well, at least they will cause some competition, I like the idea of a cheap EV.
China is going electric fast, they went from 2 strokes to electrics almost overnight I've heard.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately a lot of their electricity is from coal and they are planning a lot more.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Unfortunately a lot of their electricity is from coal and they are planning a lot more.

Well, that little country has to make electrons somehow. I don't believe they have a good source for NG??
Have to use up those stockpiles from N Korea maybe? :whistle:
Believe it or not, they have less cars than we do with what, 5 times the people? Something like that.

·
Premium Member
14,284 Posts
YUGO

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True,

But they have added and are adding more coal fired plants that have been shut down in the West in recent years. Thus anything we do/have done to reduce Co2 has been totally negated by China.

In effect we have moved our Co2 emissions from here to there along with all the manufacturing jobs.

To be fair they are building a lot of Nukes too

Well, that little country has to make electrons somehow. I don't believe they have a good source for NG??
Have to use up those stockpiles from N Korea maybe? :whistle:
Believe it or not, they have less cars than we do with what, 5 times the people? Something like that.

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
2,834 Posts
Not interested. Why is this on an SS forum, V8's and all.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
China's very politically motivated electric car market games are something fierce.

BYD is another. BYD has their hands in several areas, as well as Great Wall....

Reactions: SS_Scott

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Do you have to pay extra for the ”No Virus” option. Sorry but I don’t do Chinese.
Well sorry if I upset you but us Americans have been buying Chinese for a very long time, and yes this includes you...They don't buy American because of very high tariffs. They are not stupid and have gotten away with this far a VERY long time.

·
Registered
160 Posts

I can’t speak to the rest of the world but coal plants in America are exceedingly clean.

Source: Me spent tons of time in Gas/Steam plants and Billion dollar coal scrubbers. The amount of technology that keeps every last particulate out of the atmosphere looks like something from NASA.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts