Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got bored, so I decided to compile a spreadsheet with all of the production and sales info available. I tried to break everything down as much as possible and give percentages of each option by year and overall, etc.

You can view the document here: All Chevy SS Production, Sales, and Information Spreadsheet *Best if viewed on a computer*

Cycle through the tabs at the bottom to get to the specific breakdowns for each year. The tabs might be at the top on certain mobile devices.

Hopefully you all find this helpful and informative! Let me know if there's something you feel should be included and I will try to accommodate all requests. I will be updating the sheet when the sales numbers are released each month. GM began reporting sales on a quarterly basis in Q2 of 2018.

I should point out that all of the colors are as close to accurate on my computer. If they look wrong on your computer, then it is just a difference in how our displays show coloring. I tried to get them as close as possible to the real colors, but the metallic colors can look very different depending on the lighting. For example: Some Like It Hot Red Metallic looks orange-red in the bright sunlight (like I have shown it on the sheet) and kind of dark red in overcast skies or at night.

You can also save the file and edit it yourself if you wish. Click "File" at the top and then go to "Download as" and select the format you wish to save it in to your computer. *Note: Even when saving as an Excel file, the formatting, column sizes, and some other stuff are different and none of the pictures will show up. That's just how things go haha.

The production information was gathered from the following threads created by @Chevrolet Customer Care...
2014 Production Stats
2015 Production Stats
2016 Production Stats
2017 Production Stats

*To get your vehicle's specific build info, contact Chevrolet Customer Care with your VIN (This may no longer be an option since the SS was discontinued years ago)

If you are looking for the Chevy Caprice PPV spreadsheet thread, it is located here: All Chevy Caprice PPV Production, Sales, and Information Breakdown
If you are looking for the detailed production spreadsheet thread, it is located here: OFFICIAL Master Production List - All Years (Created and maintained by @ben98gs)

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
The colors and the legends next to them are off for me. PBM for instance is listed next to Royal Peacock Green, JGM is listed next to Perfect Blue Metallic. Seems like just the color legends in column A need to be moved around to match the right colors. Otherwise nice file!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hmmmm. It looks like the attached image from my end. Anyone with more experience in Excel care to point out how to get it the same across all platforms/OS/devices/etc? I could make it all basic Excel colors to accommodate all versions of Excel or not color code anything at all, but would really like to keep the coloring as close to the actual colors for EVERYONE if possible.

I am making a dropdown menu that will conditional format the colors if you select "Color Coded" and just do black text with no cell fill if you select "Black and White". Bear with me for a little while I do this.

Just letting everyone know that this is a work in progress, so inform me of any issues you face!

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hmmmm. It looks like the attached image from my end. Anyone with more experience in Excel care to point out how to get it the same across all platforms/OS/devices/etc? I could make it all basic Excel colors to accommodate all versions of Excel or not color code anything at all, but would really like to keep the coloring as close to the actual colors for EVERYONE if possible.

I am making a dropdown menu that will conditional format the colors if you select "Color Coded" and just do black text with no cell fill if you select "Black and White". Bear with me for a little while I do this.

Just letting everyone know that this is a work in progress, so inform me of any issues you face!
This is a screen shot of your picture and this is the same thing I see. These 3 colors are mixed up lol Im pretty sure that is what the other members were mentioning :smile This is very good though :nerd

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This is a screen shot of your picture and this is the same thing I see. These 3 colors are mixed up lol Im pretty sure that is what the other members were mentioning :smile This is very good though :nerd
Ah ok, I fixed it now! Not sure why it showed up wrong in Google Sheets as it is correct in the Excel document I have. Maybe I corrected it at some point in the Excel document and not in the Google Sheets document, but it is updated now... And apparently conditional formatting does not work as well on Google sheets compared to Excel, so that is out for now.

·
Registered
451 Posts
:goodjob:Great job and thank you very much for putting this together! It's people like you that keep the forum a great place to obtain data!!

(by the way, you need to get out more :wink)

Thanks again for your time and work on this!!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Update

- Updated the colors to match the correct descriptions and data.
- Added in August sales data with a description of the stop-sale in a note.
- I got out more

·
Registered
929 Posts
Nice work. I had a much simpler table I put together showing total sales over total production. I last updated it thru July and showed us at 88.9% sold thru existing stock. You show 88.6% which has the add'l 14 or so sold in August, but also a different total production number. I showed 8,916 produced thru MY 2016, you have 8,959. Close enough.

This is much more helpful and detailed, I'll rely on this now going forward!

·
Registered
929 Posts
And agree with what you said about people claiming its a slow seller. At the clip it was selling in July in the 20% sale, if not for the stupid stop sale we'd probably be down to a few hundred left on lots. If that.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nice work. I had a much simpler table I put together showing total sales over total production. I last updated it thru July and showed us at 88.9% sold thru existing stock. You show 88.6% which has the add'l 14 or so sold in August, but also a different total production number. I showed 8,916 produced thru MY 2016, you have 8,959. Close enough.

This is much more helpful and detailed, I'll rely on this now going forward!
Yeah if you just add up the main numbers that CCC posts every year then it adds up to only 8916 with internal vehicles. But if you add up the breakdown of each color and option that they post, then it comes out to 8959 with internal vehicles. I'm wondering if they included the internal vehicles in with the color and option breakdown for 2015 and 2016, which makes up the difference. That would lead to it being counted twice in my case. I'll ask them about that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for all your work and the valuable information.

Reactions: smann

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks for this, really interesting. I've still been on the fence as far as completing the purchase of a 20% off manual transmission 2016 I have on hold, even with 20% off I wonder about value and resale and I'm cheap when it comes to cars. My pattern for last four purchases is find something I actually like or meets a specific need and get it super cheap (I shop nationally) and then personalize it with mods. Our latest family RV is a 3 slide class that I purchased 2 yeras ago for a good chunk less than the 20% off SS and I could sell it right now for more than I paid for it. I enjoy that fact a lot but it would never happen when buying a new car. HOWEVER, when I see there have been few manual transmission SS's and when I look at current used prices of both manual SS and manual GXP, I feel like it isn't a bad purchase as far as new cars go (certainly not an investment, but resale is higher than most).

I wonder what drove the big drop in total cars for 2016, as well as the percent increase for those that were manual - hard to predict the 2017 numbers.

·
Premium Member
7,024 Posts
Great info!
You should send a copy to Autoblog.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Nice job. Here is an improvement suggestion. Eliminate the divide by zero errors and instead show 0%. If this google spreadsheet supports basic excel functions, change your percentage calculation as follows:

current:
=part/total

revision:
=if(iserror(part/total),0,part/total)

This will check if the formula returns an error and if it does will show 0% instead of the divide by zero error.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Nice job. Here is an improvement suggestion. Eliminate the divide by zero errors and instead show 0%. If this google spreadsheet supports basic excel functions, change your percentage calculation as follows:

current:
=part/total

revision:
=if(iserror(part/total),0,part/total)

This will check if the formula returns an error and if it does will show 0% instead of the divide by zero error.
I thought about mentioning that too just to help clean it up. Could save a few keys and simply use =iferror(part/total,0)

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
I thought about mentioning that too just to help clean it up. Could save a few keys and simply use =iferror(part/total,0)
That works and is a little cleaner too. The iferror function was introduced later in excel's lifetime, so maybe less chance of google's excel clone to support it? Whatever works.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Updated it to not show any divided by 0 errors, and updated some of the info. Also added in a sales figure chart for visual aid. There are very few options for the chart though, so it is what it is. Can't even reduce the margins at all.

Google Sheets actually seems to be very good at taking in the same functions and formulas as Excel. Where it lacks is definitely in the formatting. Posting from Excel seems to bring over the same formatting (except the thick line at the bottom of the list on the Overall Stats page; that is pissing off my OCD as nothing I do makes changes it from the thin line to thick line haha), but it doesn't seem like you can do half of the formatting when you are in Sheets.

Ahhh fixed the line, so now it is thick like the top one of the Overall Stats tab

1 - 20 of 204 Posts