Chevy SS Forum banner

Air conditioning

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  brettstoner 
#1 ·
Failure! No codes or notice. Hottest days. Car got worse daily and then just stopped blowing cold altogether. First thought is freon leakage. Second is belt slip for blow off or catch can adverse lubrication of pulleys. Third is compressor failure but no notification. Best guess is leakage. Cooling degraded over time.
Thoughts?
Slippage not likely even with excessive oil blowby-and oil coating of car running boards and front tires. Catch can has never been handled properly. I can say this now after over 25 k of driving and always having a blow off issue ether relief valve or catch can venting. Build source never got catch ecosystem right. Always issues with vacuum and idle etc. Elite can never was right. Mighty mouse works but really messy.
I'm think It's just poorly installed and results of high boost blowby.

#2 ·
Car is still God aweful fast! Can't ruin on 4 s tires. It's not safe under acceleration. MT only option for spirited street or track. Everyday drive all around handling is so superior michelins's it causes a dilemma. Track mode is still stupid. All off (hold down button) also cuts out under full blast with michies. M/Ts run 10s if they can hook. I think there is lots more still without the bottle. Watching A/F lately and not liking midrange mid throttle aggressive pull numbers up in 14's. Kind of think sensor is not accurate. Time for tuning again and alternate sniffers. But dealer should see broke AC and steering recall. Just can't leave car anywhere. Even OEM sweatshop not a fav to leave at.

#4 ·
Car is still God aweful fast! Can't ruin on 4 s tires. It's not safe under acceleration. MT only option for spirited street or track. Everyday drive all around handling is so superior michelins's it causes a dilemma. Track mode is still stupid. All off (hold down button) also cuts out under full blast with michies. M/Ts run 10s if they can hook. I think there is lots more still without the bottle. Watching A/F lately and not liking midrange mid throttle aggressive pull numbers up in 14's. Kind of think sensor is not accurate. Time for tuning again and alternate sniffers. But dealer should see broke AC and steering recall. Just can't leave car anywhere. Even OEM sweatshop not a fav to leave at.
Trackdaddy,
What power level are you at now?

Sorry about the AC. Crappy time for it to go out! I hope you get it sorted out.

#3 ·
Failure! No codes or notice. Hottest days. Car got worse daily and then just stopped blowing cold altogether. First thought is freon leakage. Second is belt slip for blow off or catch can adverse lubrication of pulleys. Third is compressor failure but no notification. Best guess is leakage. Cooling degraded over time.
Thoughts?
Have you done the EPS rack recall? I seem to recall that the A/C compressor is left hanging by some resulting in a leak in an A/C line as a result.

#5 ·
A/C leakage most likely the hose right on the compressor, as mentioned previously. It's usually the only reason for a/c failure on the SS.

Reactions: SS WOT and ESindon
#6 ·
The A/C hose is a common leak point at the crimp fittings. Also the high side service port is known to leak. I also had a leak at the lower fitting on my condenser but I haven't heard of very many of those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.