Chevy SS Forum banner

961 - 967 of 967 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has any had issues with their battery after installing the Homelink? I seem to have a voltage draw (large enough for a trickle charger to not work) now. I have replaced the battery thinking it was bad but same issue.
No i don't have a problem my car sits for months at a time and no problems at all. It's connect to the visors electrical the draw is so minimal I think it could something else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No i don't have a problem my car sits for months at a time and no problems at all. It's connect to the visors electrical the draw is so minimal I think it could something else.
So I unplugged the visor today to test and that is where the draw is coming from. The battery now runs with an extra 1.5 volts. Very Strange...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Alright, I skimmed through 100 posts and don't see what I'm looking for...

I had snakey do my visor, but maybe the module was bad, it won't read my garage door opener. Tried on three different openers (since I recently replaced mine) and it doesn't work... wife's srx programs fine on all 3, so I just gave up on this thing.

Until I saw the post in this thread about a new gentex unit done in the overhead console. I bought a gentex unit and will install this afternoon. My question is, what should I use for the constant 12V up there? The courtesy lights are 5V and would trip a code for load, right? So, what do I use for power in the overhead console? Do I just have to route back to the drivers visor?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alright, I skimmed through 100 posts and don't see what I'm looking for...

I had snakey do my visor, but maybe the module was bad, it won't read my garage door opener. Tried on three different openers (since I recently replaced mine) and it doesn't work... wife's srx programs fine on all 3, so I just gave up on this thing.

Until I saw the post in this thread about a new gentex unit done in the overhead console. I bought a gentex unit and will install this afternoon. My question is, what should I use for the constant 12V up there? The courtesy lights are 5V and would trip a code for load, right? So, what do I use for power in the overhead console? Do I just have to route back to the drivers visor?
See post #959 . I had the same issue and then had to upgrade to the latest version of the opener.

·
Registered
626 Posts
See post #959 . I had the same issue and then had to upgrade to the latest version of the opener.
I've purchased that same model and intend to install it myself in the overhead console. My question was around wiring, what do I use for the constant 12V?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ended up with a bridge for mine to work with my new garage door opener. Might have been better to get the newer version but this was a cheap and easy fix.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I ended up fishing the wires through the headliner to the visor for power. For switch illumination, the sunroof switch 3rd wire (yellow) provides power. My homelink buttons light up with the rest of the switches... now it doesn't look like such an afterthought.

961 - 967 of 967 Posts