Chevy SS Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
This qualifies for old but not the other items but I wanted to share. On one of my properties the company I work for manages and owns we have an old Chevrolet neon sign. It is hung horizontally and it still works after all these years. The property started as a cotton picking mill in 1845 then at some point around 1860 was converted to manufacturing for Whitin Machine Works. The village is named Whitinsville after the Whitin family. The building has seen many varied uses in its life. Amongst them in front there was a Chevrolet dealership. In 1976 we converted the old mill building into 55 housing apartment units. They wanted to incorporate the sign into the community room so here it hangs 40+ years later and still working.

I was on site yesterday and decided to snap a picture and thought I would share.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
This qualifies for old but not the other items but I wanted to share. On one of my properties the company I work for manages and owns we have an old Chevrolet neon sign. It is hung horizontally and it still works after all these years. The property started as a cotton picking mill in 1845 then at some point around 1860 was converted to manufacturing for Whitin Machine Works. The village is named Whitinsville after the Whitin family. The building has seen many varied uses in its life. Amongst them in front there was a Chevrolet dealership. In 1976 we converted the old mill building into 55 housing apartment units. They wanted to incorporate the sign into the community room so here it hangs 40+ years later and still working.

I was on site yesterday and decided to snap a picture and thought I would share.
Nice! Old "working" neon's like that are worth a lot of money.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
These old vehicles were seen in Winchester, Texas:

61 - 65 of 65 Posts