Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is for any of your photographs of anything old, abandoned, rundown, forgotten. old houses, barns, cars, tractors, boats anything old. No SS's in the picture please. There are other threads to showcase your SS.

·
Registered
870 Posts
id post a picture of my xwife... if i had one... she's old and tired ;)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sorry. This is the photography section. If you have taken a photo of an old 53 Chevy that will work. However, a brochure of a 53 Chevy is not what we are looking for in the thread.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I am sorry. This is the photography section. If you have taken a photo of an old 53 Chevy that will work. However, a brochure of a 53 Chevy is not what we are looking for in the thread.
Then retitle your thread. You requested 'anything' old. That brochure is older than most Forum members.
Now the pic would have been better without the plastic wrapper, those make a subject almost impossible to photograph well. The thumb is a bit of a distraction, too.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then retitle your thread. You requested 'anything' old. That brochure is older than most Forum members.
Now the pic would have been better without the plastic wrapper, those make a subject almost impossible to photograph well. The thumb is a bit of a distraction, too.
This thread in the BMW motorcycle forum is great. Lots of nostalgia and really great photography. I am hoping it will be the same here since we are all seeing the USA in our Chevrolet why not share the sights of the land we live in.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
This thread is for anything old. old houses, barns, cars, tractors, boats anything old.

Happy 112th birthday to America’s oldest living man and WWII veteran, Richard Overton. Born in Bastrop County in 1906, Overton served in the South Pacific. He resides in his home in East Austin, where he enjoys cigars and drinking whiskey on his front porch. Photo c/o @statesman. pic.twitter.com/gldtLZQczW
— Texas Historical Commission (@TxHistComm) May 11, 2018

Born in Bastrop County in 1906, Overton served in the South Pacific. He resides in his home in East Austin, where he enjoys cigars and drinking whiskey on his front porch. Photo c/o @statesman. pic.twitter.com/gldtLZQczW

0 old.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
My bad, I didn't notice the section this was posted in. I'm no photographer so I don't have any good pictures of the brochure.

But here is a picture of the 53 210 that the brochure belongs with. The building in the background is an old train station that was recently restored and is now used as a small historical museum. Sorry for the guy with his back to the camera, it was at a car show and was hard to get a picture of my 53 without someone in the picture. On the other hand he appears to be old, and is covering up most of the newer SS next the 53. :laugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts
id post a picture of my xwife... if i had one... she's old and tired ;)
HA; made me hit up google and found a recent pic of my ex ... add FAT and UGLY to old and tired.

Her now third husband is a lucky guy :sarcasm: and must have serious vision issues.

I thought I aged poorly but now I retract that thought.

Man I keep getting luckier. :grin

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts
Happy 112th birthday to America’s oldest living man and WWII veteran, Richard Overton. Born in Bastrop County in 1906, Overton served in the South Pacific. He resides in his home in East Austin, where he enjoys cigars and drinking whiskey on his front porch. Photo c/o @statesman. pic.twitter.com/gldtLZQczW

Born in Bastrop County in 1906, Overton served in the South Pacific. He resides in his home in East Austin, where he enjoys cigars and drinking whiskey on his front porch. Photo c/o @statesman. pic.twitter.com/gldtLZQczW

View attachment 259989

... way to go.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
HA; made me hit up google and found a recent pic of my ex ... add FAT and UGLY to old and tired.

Her now third husband is a lucky guy :sarcasm: and must have serious vision issues.

I thought I aged poorly but now I retract that thought.

Man I keep getting luckier. :grin
You gotta post a pic or you will be in violation of this forum.
She won't care .. :devil

Chevy SS Forum > Off Topic Section > Photography > Anything old Old

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Ran into one of the stars from the move 'Cars 4'. Think his name was 'Jimmy'?

ISO 200
f/10
1/200 shutter
10mm (35mm equivalent = 15mm)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
USS Selma, concrete tanker built in 1919, scuttled in 1922. Concrete tankers were intended to replace steel that was in short supply after WWI. The hulls proved to be impossible to repair.
Rolling decks made this image compostion more challenging.
Today, it's a good fishing spot, notice fishing boat on left edge of the 420' Selma.
ISO-200
f/7.1
1/800 shutter
300mm (35mm equivalent = 450mm)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Most people take the picture like this.

Which is more interesting? Both taken on the same day with the same camera. Different settings and different locations.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts