·
Premium Member
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Learn why they survive crashes so well:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Wow. Parts of the rear window are under the hood, even wedged in down by the manifold. Those heavy cast wheels took a heck of a beating without breaking though. At least they put some miles on the car before killing it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
now compare that to a care in the 70s....

soo much time/money goes into crumple zones and protecting the people inside the car.

often not discussed or compared.

ppp

·
Super Moderator
5,468 Posts
now compare that to a care in the 70s....

soo much time/money goes into crumple zones and protecting the people inside the car.

often not discussed or compared.

ppp

·
Registered
656 Posts
Too much power even at stock output for rookie drivers.

Maybe time for driving school for anyone over 300 hp.......🤪

·
Registered
836 Posts

man thats awesome , thank you !

the old car was completed destroyed on the inside and the new car the crumple zones did their job.
VERY IMPRESSED !

downside though people drove slower back then. now its faster. still id rather be in a new car than an old tank.

ppp

·
Premium Member
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Too much power even at stock output for rookie drivers.

Maybe time for driving school for anyone over 300 hp.......🤪
Can't fix aggressive, stupid, kamikaze types who think they are indestructible because of the nannies and drive over the limits of physics.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Looks like parallel into a curb or similar and then put it on the passenger side. Could have been a track day, I've seen plenty of cars (mostly BMW 3) at track storage yards that have similar damage after digging in...then those rock gouges on the hood.

Since its an auto my mourning is only 50% of 6M losses ;-)

·
Premium Member
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Super Moderator
5,468 Posts
I actually shared the wrong one. Here is a slightly longer version, with sideviews of the passenger compartments with the driver's side doors removed. Looks like the Malibu driver would have walked away, the BelAire driver not so much.
Also note that this is a ten year old Malibu, so things have advanced even further I'm sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts